Alpine Type X spx177r owners help

Username: Solar07

Post Number: 1
I just put a whole new system in my frontier.
Head unit. Alpine 9853
Amp Alpine MRV-F545
Sub - JL 8w3
Components Alpine Type x SPX 177R 6 1/2
All and all the setup is sounding pretty good, I am having a few troubles and Alpine cust services just sucks.
I cant figure out the deal with the crossovers on the components. Where is the setting for the high and low pass filters. I see a phase setting for adjusting for distance. And I see the tweeter db adjustment. As of now I am just using the high pass filter on my amp, but I want to do it with the xovers on the actuall components. My head unit has a built in xover, but I only hear a difference when I adjust the high pass on it. When I adjust mid and lowpass on the head unit there is no difference, so thats why I am just using the amp.

Question 2. My head unit has a setting for wether I have a 2way setup or a 3way. When its set to 3way there is alot more options.
With my setup, the front components and the sub, do I have a 3way or a 2way system. Right now its on 2way, the alpine guy said I had a 2way setup since I dont have rears, but that doesnt make sense to me. Thanks guys, this is my first post.
I tried using alpine Ipersonelize on there website, but that stuff is really hard.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1192
the spx 177r is a 2 way setup.. 1 tweeter and 1 woofer
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1111

heres an example of a 3 way, they have 2 woofers and a tweeter

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1193
it can however be converted to a 3 way.. if you get the type x midbass drivers, the included crossovers have the option for a 3 way setup.. seeing as how the 117r' was created as a 2 way setup though it just leave it that way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us