Havoc

Bronze Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 46
is it bad that the havoc has an fs of 32? is it noticable. maybe i dont know what im talking about

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 48
any1 know?

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1393
yea i noticed that too. it must not go as low as the arsenal and assassin then

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 49
what is the lowest a sub should be i heard under 20 is bad because the cone has useless movement because we cant hear below 20.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 542
the havoc is a spl sub and they are best tuned around 40-50hz

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3082
the Havoc is not designed for SPL in mind....it is an SQL sub.
------------------------------------------------------------

from the AA website:
Unlike most every other SPL oriented subwoofer, the Havoc is still optimized for sound quality. To step it up to the next level, it has been equipped with dual aluminum shorting rings. One ring is located on top of the pole piece while the other lines the entire inner diameter of the magnets. These help the Havoc achieve a very low inductance of 1.1 mH. The second shorting ring also works as a heat sink. It helps transfer voice coil heat out to the top and bottom plates, which effectively keeps things cool.

The Havoc is undoubtedly the best driver we have ever produced. It has the high output capabilities of SPL subwoofers, but not the sonic drawbacks. You no longer have to settle for mediocre sound quality in order to get extreme high output. Designed to play ridiculously loud and still sound crystal clear, this subwoofer design is truly one of a kind. The Havoc gives you everything. If you want to get loud, you have to wreak Havoc ...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2717
the havoc does not need to be tuned to 40-50hz. it is an SQL sub like muddy said. i think it rec. 35hz on the site??? and a sub can play below its fs. it is just pointless to tune below fs. also, keep n mind with how loud the havoc can get. i wouldnt doubt the havoc doesnt have the same low end output if not more than the arsenal.

"Fs------This parameter is the free-air resonant frequency of a speaker. Simply stated, it is the point at which the weight of the moving parts of the speaker becomes balanced with the force of the speaker suspension when in motion. If you've ever seen a piece of string start humming uncontrollably in the wind, you have seen the effect of reaching a resonant frequency. It is important to know this information so that you can prevent your enclosure from 'ringing'. With a loudspeaker, the mass of the moving parts, and the stiffness of the suspension (surround and spider) are the key elements that affect the resonant frequency. As a general rule of thumb, a lower Fs indicates a woofer that would be better for low-frequency reproduction than a woofer with a higher Fs. This is not always the case though, because other parameters affect the ultimate performance as well. "
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2256
well let me tell ya one thing...the havoc can get LOW. i played a 22Hz test tone at ~300 watts and i cranked it full...i put my head maybe 6-7 inches away and it was doing a moderate hair trick with me. also its the best sounding sub i have ever heard...pretty loud with that 300 watts too

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1651
dane no offense or anything but you dont have it in a car if you know what i mean

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2258
i know man but i was just breaking it in early by installing it in2 my moms car...i was trying to warm it up.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5770
A sub will have the best SQ if tuned right around its FS. With that said the SQ of the havoc will be best while being tuned 32-35hz.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1395
"what is the lowest a sub should be i heard under 20 is bad because the cone has useless movement because we cant hear below 20."

u cant hear below 20hz but u can still feel it. so to me the hzs below 20hz still matter to me

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 666
the havoc goes plenty low, the recommended tuning is 35hz because the sub actually peaks below the port tuning. don't ask me how, that's just what Chad said.

and whoever called the hAvoc an SPL sub has never heard one... it has amazing SQ and gets plenty loud. I could say it's the most musical sub I've owned.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us