New Speakers

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 34
Hi I have two Alpine Type R 12" Subwoofers powered by a Memphis 1000 and they pound hard in my ford explorer. I have ALpine Type S Speakers in the front and can hear the music well but want to hear every word and note perfectly without the bass out-doing the sound. If i get a Componet Speaker System for the front, and put two new speakers in the rear doors, will this help considerably? I don't want an amp because I don't have the money for it right now, but will get one if needed and if it makes a huge difference. Let me know if this set up will work and how much a good one will cost.

Thanks,
Nick

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 157
even if you get components you still really need an amp or they wont really sound good

Bronze Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 80
Just amp your Alpine type S with a 2 channel amp. Try to match speakers RMS with Amps RMS..Or a little more

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 60
I'm with the group here. With those subs in that large a vehicle you fronts just aren't going to be able to keep up. On a budget I'd say go with what Marc said and don't bother replacing the rear door speakers. For the best results though you're going to need a decent set of amped components up front. If you're willing to go the ebay route, you can get a brand new set of Polk components and a decent 50x2 or 75x2 amp for around $200-$250 total.
Polk db6500 6.5 Comps
Eclipse 2x50 Amp
Rockford Fosgate 75x2 Amp

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 174
if you want a cheap amp for the components look into the audiobahn a4002t 100rms to each. you can probly get that amp for 100 online. its not a bad amp either
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us