2 batterys

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 188
how do u ho0k 2 batterys up in a car can u just run ur power wire from the stock battery upfront an run a thick gauge wire 2 the trunk an put it 2 the + an just ground the - ?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2290
yes :-)
That would be puttin both batteries in parallel, so u will keep a 12volt system....

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 47
you would need a battery isolater it charges one battery at a time then would charge the other when the others one done otherwise the alternator would have to charge 2 batteries at once and that might be a tough task for it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3614
how about if you have a ho alt? i think with a ho alt you can just have 2-3 batteries without an isolator

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 48
goto a car shop and ask the guy that to be sure say i got a ho alternator would i still need a isolator for 2 to 3 batteries see what he says i would think u would still need the isolator but ask to make sure

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 331
i have been running 2 batts for about a month on a stock alt with no problems...

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 55
Same here...I just added a red top Optima in paralell wit my other battery and havent had any problems. Make sure you get a nice size wire to do all this, and make sure you have a good ground.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1485
If you spent the money on a HO alt you obvisouly didnt spend enough if you need another battery.

The purpose of a HO alt would be to eliminate the need for extra batteries and such.

A battery is only going to help you if your playing the stereo when the cars off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us