JBL 1201.1II Question

Username: Cminus909

Post Number: 10
I have 2 ORION P12D4s wired to 4 ohm and a JBL 1201.1II Amplifier http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLGTO12011II New to installing but...I have the subwoofers wired to 4 ohm...when i get to connecting the subs to the amp...Im a little lost.. the amplifier is a mono channel amp... It has 4 terminals [+][-][+][-] Do i connect each sub straight or would i connect the +'s both subs to the far left and the -'s to the far right??? ...Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 102
any way u connect it, it will work. Try wiring ur sub down to 2 ohm. You get much more power from the amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
When i turn the bass up on the bass remote and the volume up on the headunit the bass kicks and it wont hit...it will hit at lower volume but when i turn it up it does that and the amp goes into protection mode??? I have 4 guage wire powering and grounding it... Optima battery under the hood...its in a 05 impala

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
anyone kno wats wrong??

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 642
now im not the most knowledgeable person here but my guess would be that you probably didn't set your gain correctly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
each sub handles 500 RMS and at 4 ohms i push 787 to each sub...so i am underpowering the subs so i dont think its the gains...wondering if a coil went bad...?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us