Parking brake lockout

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 180
i have a clarion vrx765vd in a 2003 lincoln ls. I got it professionally installed so they had to ground the video to the parking brake.how do i remove this from the parking brake so that i can ground it to the chassis and watch movies while driving?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 489
look for newely placed wire somewhere round your parking brake. hopefully it will be for the deck and screw it to the chassie.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 400
the wire is "Grass green"

and it goes to your Parking brake light.... one way to get around it is to press on the P. brake until it turns on the light... if there is no resistance than drive like that...

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
i have an automatci tranny and i just was wondering how do i get to the wire? i dont know hat to open to get to the wire

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 487
I have a VRX925VD. When I first installed it I didn't hook the grassgreen wire up to anything. Just snip it before it goes to you Parking brake and tapp it into one of the 2 black ground wires, and Presto! Moves while drving :D

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1005
how brilliant is that.. watching amovie while you drive, have fun crashing

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 833
haha yeah its pretty dangerous. theres been several times that i had to slam on the breaks before rear ending some chick.

like everyone said, undo the green wire and its on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
how do i get to the wire though? where do i cut it?

Silver Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 490
Anywhere before it gets to the brain... and just tap it into the black...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2245
just ground the green wire, I think is what he is saying.. :-) if its smart it may be a + or - trigger :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
the vrx 765 doesnt have a brain its an all in one unit. and ive read aout it and it says to do it all i have to do is groud it to the chassis. i was just wondering what i have to open up to get to the wire so that i can groud it to the chassis.

Silver Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 493
I'm sure there is bare metal behind your radio somewhere... Just make sure you havea good connection and you're set... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us