New box design

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 806
ok first off i know i suck at drawing and i did this in about 3 min. so dont comment on it sucking.

im pretty well set on getting 4 12' treo SSis and i want to have them fireing up instead of back. the thought i have now is to have all four in there own chambers and putting an aero port at the corner of each one. im not sure on what size yet because i want to have it at 30 hz...if thats possible, but i dont really know much about aero ports. around the subs will be color matched carpet and the outside around the box will be a color matched vinyl. the part with the logos will be black plexiglass and have vinyl scan treo logos. im mounting the amps on the back of the box but extending the box and putting vinyl around the amps covering the wires.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 38
are this setup gonna be in an trunk car? if so, why you don't put the amps at the sides of the trunk so the bass can flow better thru the rear seats?

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 807
its in an SUV. the two bumps are the seats and i always have my middle seat down.

heres what the amps will look like...there will be 2 ED nine.1s and an ED nine.2x.
Upload
thats the back of the box i have now.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2201
Jake it will all look amazing when its done The logos with the pexi glass will be the choclate on the cake! :-) 4 SSI will sound excelent, I see u made the chage from the TSXs.. What are you gonna use to power the 4 SSIs?
I somehow miss alot of threads.... :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2202
what if you aimed the ports backwards... It will be louder :-) You looked into Aero Ports?

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 812
thanks b. im using 2 ED nine.1s and an ED nine.2x for my speakers. im leaning towards DLS speakers right now. the only problem with aiming the ports backwards is that i couldnt make each sub in its own chamber because i would have 2 short ports and 2 long ports. if i made just one huge box i could do it tho...hmm.

do you know how many cuft the SSi 12s are supposed to be in? i havent talked to the treo guys about it yet, but i want an idea on how big i should make it. my box now is 6cuft and doesnt even take up half the trunk so im ok room wise.

also the box is being professionally done because i want it to look like its part of the car, and im not very good with a saw.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 193
Wat would be sick is if you made the treo logo(Triangles) the ports!!!!

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 814
haha that would be awesome...ill try and think of a way i could do that. thanks for the tip man.

thats the exact kinda things i wanna hear keep the ideas coming.

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 194
When finished post up so we can see!!!

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 817
lol i will its going to take awhile tho...i still need the subs and need to sell the subs i have now to get money for the new ones. im guessing 2 months or so before anything gets started.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2215
SSis not much space... But I would make the most of the space.. :-) Ill love to see pics when its setup. I have some new toys coming in this week.... Im about to be alot louder.... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us