Why is my sub doing this?

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 76
everytime i turn off my radio, i get a thump from my sub. and when i play my sub pretty loud, it will make a popping sound. i dont know why. it really pisses me off when im just cruising and my sub pops at high volume. anyone know a reason for this or has had this same problem?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1569
the thump is because theres no deley in turn on/off from the HU. or it could be some kind of feedback. whats the HU and amp you are running??

the popping noise is you pushing the sub beyond its mechanical limits. you will damage the sub if you keep doing that.

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 77
my head unit is a pioneer deh mp7700 and the amp is a kenwood kd 9152d. pushing my sub beyond its limits? how the hell did i do that? the thing doesnt even beat that hard. for a kicker l5 i thought it would be louder. i need a new dayum sub!

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 371
"pushing my sub beyond its limits? how the hell did i do that? the thing doesnt even beat that hard. for a kicker l5 i thought it would be louder. i need a new dayum sub!"

roflmaoaokjofajeowjer

lolll

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 78
honestly man. i had 2 kicker comp vrs on a power acoustic 2400d and now i have a kicker 10" l5 on a kenwood 9152d and this is a little less as loud as the 2 cvr's but it is also in a ported enlcosure compared to a sealed for the cvr's. but this is really not impressing me. what is a good sql 10" sub?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1539
well one that imo kenwood amps suck, there way overrated, mabey a better amp would help. but how much are you looking to spend, i think some1 on here has 10inch RE se's for sale, those would make good sql subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us