Alpine 6.5"s

Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 6
Ok, I have 2 component sets (4 speakers) of Alpine type R and 2 infinity coaxials and to run those I have a 800 watt 5 ch. amp. I am putting one component set in the front doors and one set in kick panels on the floor and the coaxial set in the speaker bar in the back of my Jeep. I have the Alpine CDA-9835 headunit and I want to know how to run the front two component sets off the first four channels and the back two off of the fifth channel. If anyone even understands what I am trying to do let me know how you would suggest it. I've seen it done but I'm not paying $150-$200 to have a shop do something I can do. Pics are here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2223323/4.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 92
do you mean bridge the first four channels? if so, since your hifonics amp supports it, it should say which positive and which negative to use for the bridge. you will use one negative from one channel and one positive from the other channel. then for the rear coxial, just hook it up to the amp like you would any other speaker. hope this helps. post any more q's you got

Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 7
Sorry I should have been more specific. How do I run RCA's from the head unit to the amp. I have a front pre-out, a rear pre-out and a sub pre-out. How would they run out of the head unit and into the amp? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 93
the rear is easy, just run the fifth channels rca's normally into the rear pre-out. then for the front, run both sets of rca's up front, and get two spliters, something like this http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCCPS1M
and use one for the left and one for the right. then, obviously, hook the two lefts from the amp into the spliter on the left, and the others on the right. hope that helps. if this doesnt help, someone else can probably help. but, hope i helped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us