Question about frequency response

Username: Phrozt

Post Number: 3
I was originally introduced to this site because I was looking up frequency response and an article on this site came up. While it mentioned that there are so many factors that a simple listing of a speakers frequencey response is almost worthless, I still think there's some worth to it.

What I was really wondering were the ranges to stay away from. I'm seeing a lot of 35-22k ranges... some 50-25k ranges....

What ranges should I look for, and what ranges should I stay away from?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5802
What are you looking for? Component speakers? FR isn't really a crucial specification because it varies so much by vehicle. Frequency response in a car is dictated moreso by the off axis performance of the drivers, which relates to the size of the drivers used, their Qts, Fs and excursion as far as low end is concerned, also inductance plays a key role. But a frequency response measurement can't tell you that because it's an on-axis measurement that's typically done infinite baffle.

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 78
Plus just because a driver responds from 35-22k Hz, doesn't mean it responds the SAME across that range.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us