Totally oblivious and scared

Username: Acebailey

Post Number: 1
My wife drives a 2005 honda pilot. For Christams I bought her a viper 360 car starter. It was installed by a local dealer. After buying the unit and having it installed , the car alarm would go off when using the remote start. The dealer said we needed a key by-pass modual installed. Great so we did. All is well except every once and a while the car wont start using the car key only with the starter. Went to dealer and he said it was probibly somthing wrong with my ignition on my brand new car!! I was a little upset, but we booked an appointment to have them look at it. The day before it is looked at my wife is driving the car at night on the highway and this blue light starts flashing at bottom left floor board. She just took it to the shop today to explain what the light was doing the installer said that that was normal! Also when we picked up the car right after the install no one showed us where the valet switch is, my wife asked him today and he said that it was hidden and we didnt need to know where it was ?? Long story short my wife picked up the car this afternoon and he said he just reset the starter and it should work fine now.... We have no idea what to think.. Any info on this would give me some piece of mind...

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 89
Alright so If I were installing it, I would have told you that you needed a key bypass module (immobilizer module) before hand. I usually don't hook up the valet switch unless the customer asks me to for programming purposes. I personally think that the LED light is useless. The horn will tell if there was an intrusion attempt or if anything is wrong. So I don't know why the LED blinked in the middle of driving.

Now it not starting with the key. May have been if he didn't properly solder the starter wire at your ignition harness. Just an idea. And also if he hooked up the wrong keysense wire then thats why it is not starting with the key, because it thinks there is always 2 keys in your car. Which isn't supposed to happen.

That's about all the ideas I have for now. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us