Question Lanzar 4000W VIBE286 2 Ch Car Amp Amplifier

Bronze Member
Username: Nyrider

Rochester, NY

Post Number: 18
will the Lanzar 4000W VIBE286 2 Ch Car Amp Amplifier push 2 12" subs that are 1000w rms each at 4 ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Nyrider

Rochester, NY

Post Number: 19
is the lanzar amp underated or am I better off using 2 aw8002t amps

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 644
Just so you know - I'm a fan of Lanzar. I got hooked back in the early '90's when they were often mentioned among the best amps being made.

The new series is really cool looking IMO, but as they've proven in the past with all their non-Optidrive equipment, it seems they're badly over-rated.

I'm not completely sure, but it LOOKS like the 286 uses two 35A mini fuses. With a max current draw of not much more than 70A there's just no possible way that amp can even come close to rated power. According to it's 2 ohm stereo rating of 1650x2 I'd have to think it's over-rated by about double. If I'm even close...that's just sad.

I DO know the 268 was benchtested at 923w at 4 ohms bridged, but it has 2x40A fuses. It's a steal at millionbuy.com for about $125 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 112
Opti i'm getting the heritage 2600d very soon so i'll give you my opinion

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 646
btw - here's the pic of the 286 that I tried to get fuse sizes from. Regular purple ATO fuses are 3A so that can't be it. That's why I'm guessing 35A mini's.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us