Turn bass up on HU or amp??

Silver Member
Username: Biggyg9712

Post Number: 234
i got a pioneer 770mp and an audiobahn a8000t amp, i was wondering is i should turn the bass boost up on the amp and have the bass low on the HU, or have no bass boost at all and on the HU have the bass up?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2487
i don't use any bass boost at all on my amp. it sounds much better like that for me.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 148
Probably on the amp becasue the hu will send more bass to your components too, it all depends where you want the bass to go....

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1913
turn the bass boost off on both. set the gains correctly and you will get the full 800wrms. dont ever use the amps bass boost but if you want to use the HU bass as a cutoff point you can for example tune it at level say 5/10 and turn it down when you want but i wouldnt go far above 5 then. bass boost is false power. for every 3db of bass boost your asking the amplifier to double its power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
on my HU there are 2 different setting for bass, one for speakers and on for sub, so the bass will only be going to the sub, so not using any bass boost is better?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1914
and by the way, the bass on your HU will make your subs sound like crap, you want that real low at all times, lots of times like negative 2. but if your talking about sub level, it should be kept on the level you tuned it at or below.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1915
yes, if your subs arent loud enough then you either, slacked off on the subs, the box, or your gains arent set correctly. you do not need to use bass boost to have a loud system.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2488
my bass boost is 0 on the amp and 0 on the hu. i have my lpf at 80hz on the subs and the hpf at 100hz for the speakers. don't use anything that will give you an extra bass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
alright and one more question, is there a reason why when my subsonic filter is on 20hz, it sounds better than 34hz, and the box is tuned to 34hz

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2490
its cause it can play lower freqencies then when it is at 34hz. you shouldn't do that if your box is tuned at 34hz. you can damage your subs. if your box is tuned to 34 hz then setting your subsonic filter at 30 or 31 hz should be fine.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1922
no i dont know why, but a subsonic filter does not cut off at its setting. example if its set at 30hz and you play a 25hz tone, it just reduces the power to keep form over excursion. with a 34hz tune you can set your SSF at like 28-30hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us