Orion h2 15

Bronze Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 90
How would this sub compare to a sx 12 or 15, i know its rated for lots lots more, would it do decently off of only 1200 watts though??? o would that not be nearly enough???

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1159
NO 1200rms will do that thing NO justice. They laugh at the 2500d! You need atleast 2000rms I would say.
You can start with 1200d then get another 1200d then put a amp on each vc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Yah i can pick this thing up for about 220 shipped, its still brand new, never seen power, but i was only planning on buying a 1200 what amp (hifonics cause its nice and cheap). I know its way more capable than that but would it run decently. And is it a better sub than like an sx and comparable to an xxx???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
need some more input quick, lol, gotta decide fast...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1162
220 shiped is a freakin STEAL... GO FOR IT!
just remember that l8ter on your gonna need bigger amp and charging system.
But it will tear your ride into pecies.

If it were me, I would just get 2 of the H2s for that price, and just forget about a amp for now, till you get more money... =D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
I'll hook everyone up with this guy after i get the one if you guys wanna pic up the other, i have the $ for the sub, amp, ho alt, just wasn't expecting needing this kinda amp lol...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
So if anyone is interested here is the guys email, i paid 225 shipped, dreid622@adelphia.net
I will update once i get it to confirm it works good/it isn't a scam (oh god i hope not he had like 100 refs on the forum so i'm sure its good)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5530
was it used???

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Orion-H2-15-subwoofers-FREE-SHIPPING-1-Y-WARRANTY_W0QQit emZ5863617637QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1168
damn thats a good price! =D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
I know :-) and i think its completly legit, guy is really well known on boards, good ebay account feedback, etc can't wait

YEEESSS i finally picked a sub, not even one i was looking at until 30 min before i bought it lol. I spent all this time checking out re stuff and end up with this. Oh well it looks sweet.

Now everyone gets to help me build a box instead of telling me what sub to get LOL :-)

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 423
Sounddomain was selling them at that price for the last week or so. If you look for it, they still have the 10" on for $155 before shipping.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
I got it for that price, it's new.... not of ebay though, from some guy on the caraudio.com boards...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Thats a good price on ebay to though...

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5534
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/article.php?a=8

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
So is that gonna be as good sealed as ported, those graphs make it look that way....

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5537
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/article.php?a=15

^^Just realize there are saying a solo X overall SOUNDS better then a MTX 9500.lol

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1170
that thing is huge! the 15 looks like a 18!! I put my cell phone on the dust cap; it disapperead in the middle of the dust cap. =D
ITS huge, I have a tiny sony ercison t616.

Josh I think you made a good choice. =D
Its not talked about much on this forum, but those H2s are monsters..

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5628
prolly ^^^^ cause it requires a killer amp 2 get it moving according to CB's link .......

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5539
^^Yep, and they finish 5th or 6th in everything, but then again all those other subs are great (excluding the 9500) sooo

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5540
bump.gif

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5541
omg bump already

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5542
3rd time has to be the charm

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1183
yea, for what they compared it too, the h2 is ok with me. 9500 must suck... MTX was just way better back in the early 90s.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 627
check this out. proves that the h2s arent as good as you think.http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15791

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1188
yea, for what they compared it too, the h2 is ok with me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
^^^ They said it wanted more power, they only gave everythin 2400 watts and they said it was capable of more... I don't care about straight spl so thats not a big deal, plus for what i paid for it i really don't think i could be dissapointed, yah i'd like some of those other subs more, like a w7 but i'm not forking over several hundred dollars for it to have a tiny jl logo on the front...Now to get an amp (there goes my alt $$$)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1196
X2 ^^
The bench test only could produce 2400rms. That sub is rated for 2K rms, so ofcourse they rated it a hungry beast, if they didnt have the power.
Josh did u get 2 or 1? I would get alternator next!

Put the H2 against those other subs, I hear people talk about on here, and it will hurt something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
I got one, i now have to sell my other stuff to buy and amp and alternator, my current amp would probably have to clip to just get this thing moving lol, i think i am gonna save a little longer and pick up a 2500d or something in that power range, prolly will take me till late march to actually have everything i want/need to have to get everything running really nice, thats gonna be a long time for me to be subless lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
... And to think when i started off looking for new subs i was almost decided on getting 2 12 kicker cvr's...

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 21
I have a 2500d already and I'm thinking about picking up a h2 15.2, the sub is rated 2000rms but only 2500 peak, are these true numbers or can the peak handle alot more because I want to have my amp running almost full and not have to worry about another sub blowing.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1200
1 H2 will kill 4 of them 12s.. lol
Get that 2500d or anything higher, that sub can take 4K if you got it. =D

Dont get me wrong, 1500rms will start making stuff look crazy around you.. 1500rms on that H2 will break your car; even though its a power hungry beast..

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1201
Matt I think I answered that question in the above post; we posted at same time.
4K it will handle, as long as the power is clean!

Bronze Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 22
Sorry the questions a little off topic but I need to make a decision on what sub to get fast out of the 15 H2 for 220, the 15 Re xxx for 400, or the 15 Atomic apocolypse x for 250. Which would you guys go for moneys not a huge deal as long as its worth the extra bucks for the other subs? Its going in a seal box and i want the sub for a daily driver but still be able to get loud as hell when need be. Thanks

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1203
H2 like ported boxes, but they perform well in sealed also. For those 3 I would pick price, if you didnt have a preference. All of those are good drivers! H2 sub is probrally going to be way bigger than the other 15s, like I said its like a 18!!!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1204
Ill post some H2 pics l8ter this afternoon, in this thread. Im a take some pics 2day...

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
It's gonnna be so depressing to see my sub lieing in my room powerless for a month, of course it'll be so amazing when i finally do hook it up. Good think i got all that fatmat on the way....

Bronze Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 24
hey josh you siad you were looking into getting a 2500d orion amp right? I dont know how much your looking to spend but you can pick them up on ebay for 450 shipped. I know they sell for around double that price so its not a bad deal. I got one and love it the only problem is it has to much power for some subs to handle even turned down low I blew out an audiobahn and a power acoustik.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Yah, when i get the $$$ (have to sell other stuff first), I will prolly pick one up off someon on the caraudio.com message boards they usually let em' go for 350ish shipped, i'm not set on that one just looks the best... thanks for info

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1235
man it took me a day to find enough batt power laying around. cameras suck AA batteries....

basket
Upload
sony t616
Upload
cdr disc
Upload
10inches tall!!
Upload
$$ shot; only $20s...
Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5677
whats with the $ - u got paid 2day after u sold some of these >>!?.......Upload

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5688
I count $140

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1240
lol, no selling goin on ova here Rovin. $$ come $$ go... <<thats some of my new amp $$<< still got to save some more side change$.

but man thats a huge sub, thats what i was trying to say...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1241
u count way short Chancey, it was double stacked.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5689
I could tell it was another 20 underneth the 1 in the very middle, but thats all i saw,

How much is that??

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1244
forgot 1, the DUST CAP is bigger than the CD...
Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5681
looks like 160bux ? ........

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1245
that was 280$ Im half way there.
slightly different angle of same camera shot Chancey...
Upload

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1246
^^ offering anybody?? Amen lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5682
yeh i saw 1 of those 15" H2 by a dealer here as well as a 13w7 - but mighty impressive looking .........

Upload

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1247
it weighs about 2 tons.... Gee I wonder how much a H2 or 13w7 is back home Rovin? like 1000$$ Im guessing?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5685
15" H2 = tt$3800
13w7 = was around tt$5300 i think was actually cheaper than some online sites

store in valpark plaza - agents 4 JL & all Directed products , south has a RE agent too -
almost any brand u call trini have it .......

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1250
wow...
Rovin I know everybody back home want a 13w7! I know them ballers been had about 4 of them. =D
Only if I could ship down there and sell without them taxin the hell out of my a$s to do it. Them man having DB contest back home?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5686
yeh boy - i say trini ppl eh no bout the brands we talk about here but they damn well know everything -lol

ah fella on 3ne2nr forum now say he own 2 15" AA Ava subs !

Talk of the town right now is a panel van with 12 15" JUGGERNAUTHS - haven't gotten 2 c or hear it as yet but they say is the loudest thing in trini right now .....

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1252
12 15' juggernauts? man these trinis are crazy! like myself! =D << man I can only imagine, I still remenese of back in the days, those systems and cars... =D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us