2002 Nissan Altima Bose 6 disk cd changer - ERR3

Username: Stynes

Post Number: 1
I recently had a local mobile audio installation place install a wired FM modulator for me. Since then the stock cd changer won't work. I get ERR3 on the display. I can't insert a disk, eject a disk, I don't even know if a disk is in there. It doesn't show on the display.

A couple of questions: 1) what does ERR3 mean? 2) is this something the installers could have caused? They swear it had nothing to do with their work but it seems like a suspicious coincidence to me.

Username: Strongbow

Post Number: 3
I have a qx4 with same problem, only ERR2, disc stuck in there. Bascially these 6-disc in days units are defective. Why don't you see these types of units for sale aftermakret? Answer; they are crap. I'm trying to figure out how to replace mine, you have to deal with the Bose amps and for my qx4 has a strange fit.

zomboid360
Unregistered guest
I'm also having a problem with my Bose 6 disk CD disk changer. I havnt done altered anything at all. I had the changer full, but when I changed from one CD to another, it made a weird sound and just won't play or eject any of my CD's. They've been in there for a good week. I realllyy need to find a solution for it. I'll spend $200 too fix it but only as a last resort. Anyone have any clue about what I can do??

BoseHater
Unregistered guest
Read this link in the forum to get your blood boiling...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/137782.html

QX4-er
Unregistered guest
My changer failed also in my '01 QX4. I asked the dealer and they sent me to a guy working out of his garage. He said the mech's are failing all over the place and its $495.00 to replace. Oh by the way they are on back order so I have to wait a month or better. There is a Bose adapter so I am considering replacing the unit but from him its more then the $495...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4626
That's funny. A guy working out of his garage? That's how you get ripped off. You might as well just bend over with your wallet open.
For $495, you can get a system that's 2x - 5x better than that crap Bose.
Check out Alpine and Eclipse headunits.

Libbett
Unregistered guest
Here's the bottom line. I have a 2002 Nissan Altima with the Bose 6-disc system. I have treated it with care and still I have had to replace it twice. This is the last time. I have conferred with some stereo people who say that the Bose 6-disc is trash. You have to be careful about what other brand you put in though because of getting around the amplifier associated with the Bose system. Alpine has a system that supposedly works great and you can even get it to interact with the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Make sure you have someone install whatever other system you choose who has had experience with the Altimas and Bose systems. I understand that they are a bear to get around.

Username: Maximusfs28

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 1
HI I have Bose 6cd changer in my 02 Nissan Altima, I have been gettting and ERR3 message in the radio, I cant eject or change disc or listen to anything, how can I fix this problem?

Anonymous

I have the same Bose System in my Q45 car and the same thing is happenning because I can only listen to the radio but everything else like the CD player doesn't work. Are all Bose systems suppose to just wear out and not function after a certain period.

Bronze Member
Username: Nospam4cj

Wichita, Kansas USA

Post Number: 15
This is a common problem with Factory Bose/Clarion 6-disc changers. You may want to take a look at how Nissan and Clarion will handle this problem:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/137782.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us