Component speaker question

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2330
i currently have jl xr 650-csi. the amp i am using to power that is the jl 450/4. on the crossover that comes with the components has a bi pass option so i can power the woofer and the tweeter separately. so i wanted to use ch 1 & 2 to power the woofers and ch 3 & 4 to power the tweeters. will the speakers be able to handle the power?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 181
do it the other way around. Channels 1 and 2 for the tweet and 3 and 4 for the woofers. Usually channels 3 and 4 are geared more towards the midrange or the EQ is better suited for it. Alot of time a 4ch has a bridge option to run a sub in a tri-mode setup.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11031
you're not gaining anything this way.
with the passive crossovers on a component set, if you have an amp that's 200 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms, each of the 4 speakers gets 200 watts due to the crossover. using two channels or four will actually decrease your power to the speakers since the 450/4 puts out less power to the rear two channels.. and that will effectively throw off the balance of your components.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1407
that amp pushes more power to front and less to rear channels

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2331
right now the comps are getting 150wrms each and i have the ba 6 x 9s on the rear channels getting 75wrms each. i set the gain higher for the comps in the front but still it seems like i get more sound from the 6 x 9s. i was thinking of just taking out the rearfills cause i like the sound coming from the front. but my 2 12inch type xs kinda drown out the speakers if i do that.

i was supposed to get the dynaudio 240gt but i had a problem with indoaudio on ebay so i got a refund instead. would the dynaudio 240gt put out enough sound so i wouldn't need the rearfill speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us