Box dimensions

Silver Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 185
what box dimensions should i use for my new re sx 15"? on re's website it says 3.5 cubic feet ported tuned to 32hz. is that a good size? also, i no nothing about box building, ports, tuning, etc. could sum1 giv me like a blueprint of the box w/ EXACT dimensions? my dad's gonna start building the box soon, also, wut type of wood should i use? 3/4" plywood? or sumthing else?

Silver Member
Username: Bga44

Tampa

Post Number: 167
3/4" medium density fiberboard(MDF)

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 454
yup I got some great plans from TeamToxicBass for a SX 15 if you want them. 3d and all... I believe it comes out to 4cubes at around 30hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
can i c them? and which box would b louder and which goes lower, the 3.5 cu. ft. tuned to 32, or the 4 cubic tuned to 30hz? also, can i c the plans? and how much of that 3/4" mdf do i need 2 buy and what will it cost?

Silver Member

Tampa

Post Number: 169
I spent $30 on MDF and i made 2 12" boxes and still have some left over. So it's not expensive at all compared to buying a box. Find out what dimensions your box is and then buy that amount. Home Depot cut the MDF for me for free

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
hey baseball can i c the plans?

Bronze Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 78
AGG44 when home depot cut your mdf did u give them exact dimensions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
yea agg44, how many sq feet did u get for $30?

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
bump, ne1 who can help me plz help

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
bump, could sum1 atleast tell me of a website that could calc. the dimensions?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 829
alright, first off, go with 4' box tuned to 30Hz. As for the material, go with ATLEAST 1" MDF, i'd go with even thicker for the baffle, and brace the box liberally. As for the dimensions, figure them out yourself. Start with any size constraints of the place where the box will be going, and figure out the rest from there. If this is really that difficult, i'm sure you could pay any experienced box builders on here a few bucks to do it for you, don't just ask the forum to design you a custom box.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1481
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp
deminsion calculator...get it to bout 3.5-4 cubes

Silver Member

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 180
i dont remember exactly how much MDF i got. i know i got 2 big boards. Its like 48" by 32" or something around there

Silver Member

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 181
http://www.bcae1.com/
go there and theres a menu on the right side....#116 is the enclosure part

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
k but wuts a baffle? i dont no ne thing bout ported boxes, so wut do i do bout the port?

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
okay well if i were to make a circle port, what do i use, and where do i put it? its gonna go in the trunk of a 92 honda accord, so the sub will be firing to the back. im thinkin 2 ft tall x 2 wide x 1 ft. deep. do i use pvc pipe or is there something better for the port? or would a square port be better?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4418
ask marshall white ,he has 1 of those & knows what he's doing .

if ur now getting into the whole car audio scene , why not start off simple & do a sealed box .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
well if i use the calc on the12volt.com, does the port length count the inch of wood where the port starts? like if it says the port depth needs to be 3 in, do i cut a 3 in piece of pvc pipe or do i cut 4 if the wood is 1" thick? also, rovin, i don wanna make a sealed box bc ill eventually go to a ported box, and i cant afford to build to boxes. im gonna b pretty low on cash now that i found out i gotta get a new alt, batt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
ok listen this is the only thing i need 2 no: i used the port calculator on the12volt.com, and if it says the port needs to be (for example) 3 in deep, and i hav 1" thick wood, do i cut a 3" or 4" piece of pvc pipe? also, will using pvc pipe to make a circular port work as well as a rectangular port? and is there anything else i should no about when working on the ported part?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 460
AM whats your email?

the plans have a 3.5"x15" port (slot port)

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
tim@milllerprinting.com, its my dad's email. will the box fit in a 92 honda accord trunk?

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 461
i dont know, you tell me.. i'm emailing them now

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
my dad didnt get the plans, i gave u the wrong email, its tim@millerprinting.com, i accidentally put 3 l's the 1st time

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
bump, baseball, did u get my new message, the 1st time i accidentally put tim@milllerprinting.com, his email is tim@millerprinting.com sorry about that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us