In Dash LCD - DVD Help

Unregistered guest
Hey,

Hopefully you will be able to help me, ok the plan is to replace my current head unit with an in dash lcd screen. I then want to place a dvd player/fm tuner/cd player in my glove box, where there is a suitable place. I have no problem with fitting and wiring up that, its just the audio side that I am not sure about.

My plan was to simply have the video going straight to the LCD, but I want the audio to sound good. Let me know what you think of the below, I am looking for a clear and powerful sound.

I will take the RCA sound output from the DVD player then run it into a Sony XMSD14X 4/3 channel amplifier. I plan on fitting 2-way ALPINE SXS-1357 component speakers in the front, they are 50W RMS and 13cm, I will then fit a similar pair in the rear, the speakers come with their crossovers.
How would you rate this, bearing in mind i am on a budget.
Also are these in-dash 7" LCD's all they are cracked up to be, loads are going for only £100 on Ebay, not worth the money?

Hopefully you can help!

Thanks,

Tim Mills

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 836
so what are you going to use as a radio? and what lcds are you talking about

Unregistered guest
Well this DVD player has a built in FM radio, but chances are I wont be using the radio much I am more keen on the sound from the DVD player. I am thinking of one like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/223-7-TFT-LCD-In-Dash-Monitor-Car-DVD-VCD-Player_W0QQitemZ 5848029213QQcategoryZ67772QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem What do you think??

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
what kind of car is this going in? I really do not think you are going to like this. It will be more of a pain to alwyas go intop the glove box, also the sound quality of this will not be very good. the dvd player has no audio control features. Also be careful about buying things overseas, sometimes they are made to only work over there. It looks lke it will cost you around 250 and you can save some of your money and get a nicer unit, all in one.

My

Silver Member

Post Number: 838
and that does not have a tuner.

Unregistered guest
Do you have any suggestions on built in systems?

Tim

Unregistered guest
Do you have any suggestions on built in systems?
What do you think of the audio side of things, with that amp etc.
Tim

Silver Member

Post Number: 849
not going to work very well, not very good ability to control sound quality. I would pay about $700 and get a panasonic 7001 all in one unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us