Hz?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 429
do the makers of the subs tell you like a recomended Hz to put the subs on? for like best SQ and SPL or do you pretty much have to find it your self?

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1467
A Hz is a is the unit used to measure frequency.
1 Hz is from a stand still position, To positive, then negative, then back to stand still position. measured per second.

Do you mean what Hz to tune your enclosure to?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 720
if your talkin about what to tune ports to, then usually they do. usually give you reccomended deminisions and everything too. its gonna be a general use figure most of the time though, inbetween SQ and SPL

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1468
When they say a Port is tuned to a certain frequency or Hz. Thats the frequency at which the Sub and the Port become equal. Or in simpler terms the loudest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 431
yea, like you know some subs sound better at like 45 Hz than they do at lets say 40 or 50Hz? you know what i mean?

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
not a ported, sorry, didn't mean to say SPL, just ment for SQ... my bad. but do you know what i mean by like maken them louder and sound better? i dont' know if im explainin it the way i mean to

Bronze Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 91
i've got a question too.

is there any specific thing you have to do to tune a box at a certain level. or is it just the size of the box that makes it tuned at a certain level??

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1469
Kinda hard to explain but ill try.

The internal volume of the enclosure determines the the tuning of the port. So say if you had a box Tuned to 35 Hz. Then you change the internal volume of the enclosure and kept the port the same dimensions it would be tuned differently.

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
oh ok, so like if you change the Hz, you change the box, figuratively speeking? if you change the box you change the Hz, or do i have it wrong, im pretty sure i have it wrong... if the box dementions were 1 cubic foot, per sub, and you have two, in a closed enclosure, would you have to search for the best Hz, or would the directions tell you? if you guys understand that

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1470
Ok the way I explained it was confusing.

Your port dimensions depend on the internal volume and what frequency you want your port tuned to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
ok, so the Hz you want to tune you sub, it all depends on your enclosure?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1472
No it depends on what you want it to be. Like if you listen to alot of music in a certain frequency band.
Say 50-60 Hz. Or If you want to tune to your car's fresonant frequency for a comp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
would rap be in the lower Hz or mid?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1473
All rap is different.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1474
I woundn't recommend tuning to match certain songs though cuz you play anything else it would sound like garbage.

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
true...so would i be better off, like puttin the amp under my seet so i can change it, or just leave it to what sounds good?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1476
But You really should never tune too high unless your goin for straight SPL. Otherwise keep it below 45 Hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
ok, so more Hz the better for SPL and lower for Sq?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1477
Woah dude me and you are talkin about 2 completely different things. Thats the Low Pass Filter. IM talking about port tuning. Your Low pass Filter should be at about 100 Hz. That means it will play all frequencies below 100 Hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
LOL sorry, i didn't know what i was talkin about, so i confused you. ok, so the low pass filter is on the amp correct, and if so, i should tune the amp to 100Hz, so it will play 100 and below, correct?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1478
Yes

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
lol ok thanks, lol... long conversation about that when the answer was just a yes... lol... sorry if i was like annoying you, you know?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us