Need info on alpine subs...?

Username: Grendelendel

Post Number: 2
im thinking of going with a set of 12in alpine subs
the SWX-1242D seem like a good deal i found 2 on ebay for $500 which seem like a good deal except most of the reviews on websites say that these need to be worn in... what does this mean?? how long and how quiet must i play music on these subs before theyre finally worn in?

Also recommendations for some good subs would be nice (no eclipse subs ive had too much trouble with them in the past) and i dont really like the rockford power series subs either because people said they have to be worn in waaay more and id like to start pounding out music soon after i get a set of subs.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1718
well i have a new one for 175+ shipping, great sub

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2717
"""that these need to be worn in... what does this mean??"""

well its like new sneakers u just don't put on a brand new pair & run a marathon with them cause its needs to be broken in .

If u build a new engine u never take it right away to do a 1/4 mile cause it needs breaking in .

With subs everything is new & suspention/surrounds are rather firm & need to be 'excercise' @ say 1/3 of rated wrms for a few hrs daily for about 2-3wks then they actually start to sound better .

Some ppl have no patience & crank up theirs right away .....

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 620
i don't have patience to do that. i cranked mine up the first time i installed them. well actally the first minute i played it moderately.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2721
u should also tell him like how u told me that your type Rs actually sounded better about 2wks after u got them & broken them in - Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us