Viper Alarms won't activate in one location ONLY!

Unregistered guest
Hi. Here's my deal. My roommate and I both have Viper alarm systems in our vehicles. Until recently, both systems worked fine, but recently neither system will activate when we're parked in front of our house. At first, I figured it was the batteries in the remotes, but I had the batteries replaced and its not the problem. Both of our alarm systems work without issue at ANY other location--Just not in front of our home. It is very strange. Could there be some sort of signal coming somewhere that would cause this? I contacted the Viper dealer that installed our system, and he was bewildered by this. He suggested that we bring our vehicles to be looked at, but I'm not sure that this would do any good, as BOTH of our systems work fine anywhere but here!! If you know what might be causing this, I'd appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Unregistered guest
Oh, one other thing.. If it is a signal of some kind that is causing this, is there a way for me to manually activate the alarm system, without using the remote? I'm feeling vulnerable! Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 30
So if you park somewhere else AWAY from your friends car it will operate fine?

Unregistered guest
No. It doesn't matter if the other persons vehicle is there or not. The systems won't activate there at all. This is only a recent problem. They worked fine a couple of weeks ago. I was wonder if its possible that somebodys satellite dish or something is causing some type of interference. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
No. It doesn't matter if the other persons vehicle is there or not. The systems won't activate there at all. This is only a recent problem. They worked fine a couple of weeks ago. I was wonder if its possible that somebodys satellite dish or something is causing some type of interference. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 36
Yes it's possible wireless routers can do it also. The way the Viper system works is it uses a rolling code transmission on the remotes. The alarm uses an algorithim to anticipates the next code transmitted from the remote. If it receives an unexpected code it will stop responding until you leave the area..

That's my understanding anyways.

Unregistered guest
Thanks Catalin. After speaking to a neighbor, two houses down the street, it seems that his alarm hasn't been working for the past several days either. But..Good News!! Suddenly...they ALL work again! We'll never know for sure what exactly caused it. This will remain one of the great mysteries of the world! I'm attributing it all to UFOs! :-) Thanks for responding to my desperate cries for help!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us