Ok this question is for me. I have a jl 12w6v2 powered by an orion hcca 225g4.It sounds pretty good but i think the sub is still being underpowered i think it could sound better.So i was thinking about getting another amp,one that i could power my sub now and later if i decide to get another w6 it would power both of them.I found these 2 amps they sound like they are pretty good but i dont have any expereance with either.Which one would you all choose?
get the mb quart. I have the RAA1000 pushing an SX12 and and it sounds amazing. Never failed and most reliable amp I have seen. Even bought the MB Quart RAA4200 for my components. I haven't used memphis but I can tell you can't go wrong with MB Quart.
Anyway, MB Quart has recently been purchased by some other company so you can find good deals on those amps that are remaining stock. (Might buy another RAA1000 for a second sub before this new company 'goes to hell')
They both sound like a good deal.How would they compare to jl,eclipse,ect. Wut amps would u compare them to? If the 2 amps are basically the same then i guess ill just pick the better looking one,which i think is the mb quart.
First off MB Quart is not owned by MBQuart, they are now owned by the same people that own crucnh and Hifonics, etc. have to start questioning the quality, and before they bot them they were Bankrupt and in turmoil.
... MB Quart is NOW owned by the Hifionics group but thier OLD stock such as the Reference series amps including the RAA1000 was made/designed by the MBQuart company. Same thing happened to Orion...thier old stuff is considered some of the best amps but thier new stuff went down hill after they were bought out. Doesn't mean thier new stuff is crap, just gotta be careful which 'orion' you buy and what quality you want.
Thats the only reason your getting the RAA1000 for so cheap, they have to sell thier old stock before the 'new' owners take over, otherwise it would cost close to a grand. So get em while thier still quality products.
and ty don't give advice if you don't know what your talking about. There are a couple threads a month or two old that has this discussion....and most people jumped on the chance to own a quality amp (MBQuart) while the price was low.
so what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ty now the that mb quart is owned by crunch and all that junk does that make the old stuff already made junk, no.........................raa 1000 are old amps now they are discountinued i own one, i had two but thats another story, anyway it great, mb quart is know for quility just look at there 700$ dollar components that people buy.
First of all MB quart is only going to have one us distributor, In OHio, and the current cost on their stuff is going to the distributo what the store sells it for retail. And then get it fixed..... there is very little supply left and that is why the stores here have done away from the line, costs have doubled and warranty and product issues. And yes the quality is going to go down, DEI has owned ADS, PPI and others and the quality has dropped considerably, and a tell sign is when the will not repair their own stuff.
I already bought mine a while back from the Crutchfield $299 with free s/h special , unfortunately its still in FL by my bro but i should receive here in T&T by late next wk , i'm waiting to get some other stuff to be shipped down to me .....
One other thing,i read in a older post it was the same thing mephis vs. mb quart,but anyways it seemed like more ppl chose the memphis.They said that it runs at 90% efficiatcy wut ever that means.They said it saves your alt.Would the mb quart kill my alt and make my lights dim?
lol lower effiency means its not putting out a true power rating ie. a amp that is rated at 1,000 watts @ 1ohm but only runs at 90% effiency only puts out 900 watts @ 1ohm. If your using those JL subs go with the quart it runs at 100% plus a little extra if your lucky. GET the MB QUART!
and Rovin, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in Trinidad? Work, home, really long vacation?
Comp, that's not necessarily true. I.E. Class D subs are like in the 80's% efficient. If a sub is 80% efficient, and puts out 1000 watts RMS, then it's drawing enough amperage to produce 1250ish watts. (i.e. at 12 volts, it'd be drawing 104 amps of current) but the other 20% of the power, becomes heat.