What type of amp do I need to power two 120 watt speakers?


For christmas I got a set of speakers for my car. They are 120 watt each. I need a type of amp to have the full power because my car only has a tape deck. What type of ampage do I need to power my speakers?

just wire them up dude, you probably have Pioneer coaxial speakers and they don't NEED 120w to run. Don't use a sledgehammer to drive a thumbtack!

if they are 120 watt speakers, first you have to figure out if that is max rms, or max peak, then you can decide on an amp. As long as you match the power rating it should alright. Your best be would be to get a twwo channel amp that powers from 50 - 75 watts rms. that should power them fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us