Infinity components and coax

Bronze Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 69
i have an 04 ls and was looking at putting a pair of Infinity Reference 6810cs 6"x8" 2-way components in the factory 6x8" openings in the front doors and Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 6"x8" 2-way co ax's in the back doors powered by an mtx thunder564 amp. is this a good choice or is there something that i can get that's better sounding for a bout the same price. it would be $460 after the speakers and amp

Anonymous

I would suggest putting infinity 6.5" round components in the front and keep the back speakers stock. Get yourself a 4 channel amp and use 2 channels to power the front speakers. Then buy a 10 or 12" Kappa perfect sub and bridge the 2 other channels of the amp to power the sub.

as for the back speakers, just leave them stock and run them off the headunit instead of an amp.

you won't be disapointed and this is a real cheap way to get nice clean sound with depth.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 119
That is ok, and then run an infinity baselink for some bass, if not the sound your going to have is going to be quite different from factory.

Bronze Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 73
i have 2 l7's on a kicker 1200.1 i dont need bass i was gonna do the speakers now so i was just wondering if that was a good option and the 6.5s are a custom fit so i didnt want to have to do that

Anonymous

i dont know how good the vocals on infinity 6x8s are (i will today later) but im sure they can do the same as the 6.5 round ones (i would put bass blockers on the front so you can assure good vocals)
i would also put those infinity 6x8s in the back
much much much better sound quality
you need a 4 channel amp to do this correctly
if you put an amp on the front you wont hear the rear stock speakers and that ruins the car flavor for four speaker music

ive driven with just two front speakers and every time you turn your head its nothing but subs
the only correct way to do that with subs is to have only rear speakers.. but then you cant have anyone ride in the back because you have the volume high so you can hear it in the front
your rear seat passangers will go def after one ride (my one ear couldnt take the screams of the speaker)

you will be only half satisfied if you replace the front speakers and amplify them
plus your subs are still drowning out your music by a factor of half because the back speakers arent amplified

you wont hear the detail in your music with subs unless you have all four speakers amplified

so do what you were gonna do but amplify all four 6x8s

thats my quality opinion speaking for fidelity
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us