Alpine MDR-M1005

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 118
i got this off the specs from the alpine site.
RMS Power (at 12V,20Hz-200Hz)
Per channel into 2 ohms : 700W x 1
Per channel into 4 ohms : 500W x 1

RMS Power (at 14.4V,20Hz-200Hz)
Per channel into 2 ohms : 1000W x 1 (1% THD)

my question is how do you make it 12v and 14.4v?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1992
when your engine is off the voltage is around 12 but when your engine is running & u are driving around it automatically goes up to 14 v ..........

u thinking about buying 2 of these for your Xs ????

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 119
lol. just a thought. i think i'd rather buy another kx1200.1. let me see how just one amp does with those first. i just want to have everything perfect thought. 2 kx1200.1 might be too much power for those subs. also thinking about a bandpass enclosure. what do you think.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 121
rovin how do think this will sound? if i were to take out my back seat and have the subs face in to the trunk with the magnets sticking out toward the front of the car. so if you were to look inside my car, you would see two magnets sticking out where my backseat used to be. also i can customize the part where my seat used to be and mount the kicker and the fogate amp there.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1996
Bandpass (especially prefab generic boxes) on the whole is a no-no by experienced car audio ppl .

It makes your bass sound 'bangy' & not true , my bro has a pair of 10s in 1 so I have heard them myself . I built a regular ported box for him . Only experts can design/design a proper BP box .

Saw some of the guys in another thread rec ported for those subs . I myself like ported as opposed to sealed .

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1997
now seeing your post as i was typing my last post - i'm a slow typer ...lol

U mean free-air mount ??????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us