CDT upstage kit

Username: Blair

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 9
I was looking at buying the CDT upstage kit. It is to go with my Boston Accoustic Pro's. I have the tweeters currently mounted in the kick panel and want to get the imaging higher. CDT says that you dont have to take out any existing crossovers?? how does this work?

I thought that I'd have to remove the BA crossover and use the CDT one my mids and two sets of tweeters?. Or do I just run two more lines from the from the front amp output to the CDT crossovers and use the BA ones as well?

If anyone could clear this up for us that'd be great.

Also do you think that the upstage kit will compliment the Boston Accoustic Pro's or do they only suit CDT components?

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 41
I was under the impression the Upstage kit was just another set of tweeters with an attenuation network that fired into the center of your windshield, angled out towards the fenders on the left and right.

Blair_Aus
Unregistered guest
hmm...yeah pretty much..but what i wanna know is how to run it off my existing channels without buying another amp. If im going to run it off the existing from channels, how do i encorporate it in with my other speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 156
It will incorporate with your existing speakers (although it will not blend as well as it would with other CDTs) and can be run off the same amp. They are attenuated and the xover will roll your main tweets off at a lower frequency and let the upstage tweets pick it up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us