Eclipse SW9102 sub

Username: Pjrage

Post Number: 7
I am looking for a sub that will have great SQ and also hit hard. SQ is more important to me than SPL, though.

Anyway, I have always liked Eclipse subs for no particular reason other than they look cool, but I was wondering if anyone has an opinion of the SW9102 10" titanium eclipse sub? How much power would I need to push into it to get good sound? How is the SQ of it? Also, what about the bigger brother, the 12" titanium eclipse sub, the SW9122. How much power would that bad boy want? Would a 700WRMS @ 4ohms (also 2ohm stable) amp (true rating, not underrated) be enough for just one of either? How does this sub compare to the jl 10w7 / 12w7?

Lastly, I'm not very knowledagable in car audio yet, so how does the DVC hook up? It says it is 4 ohms per coil, does that mean the amp will be running at 4 ohms, or are they in parallel, at 2 omhs, or do they need seperate amps because they are in series or something? Sorry if this is a silly question.

Thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1105
okay i have had no experience witht he Tis but actually when i save up more money i want to invest into 2 15 Tis. but form what ive heard they are great SQL drivers that do get very loud and really shine in a ported enclosure. they are rated at 750rms but they can take more. 700 COULD be done but i would reccomend atleast 800. if you have a 700w amp make sure its not clipping. the only thing i dont like about the Ti is its wastes so much cone area with the surround. however the xmax makes up for it. the pictures of the new ones on eclipse's site look like they have more cone than the pictures of the old ones. i hope so because thats what i want :-) . if it is dual 4 ohm you can wire it in series for 8 ohm ( not what you want) or parallel for a 2ohm load. so if your running 1 sub you need a 2ohm stable amp. wow, that just crushed my dreams. i wanted to use a zapco 750.2 but its stable mono at 4 ohms.. crap. but back to your question. personally if you can afford the 12 over the 10 id get the 12. more cone area. the Tis compare pretty well to a W7. ive heard W7s have some distortion at high volume so the Ti may even be a better all around sub. but definetly a competitor.. hope that helps some.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1157
Eclipse Ti is a GREAT sub. I've seen the Ti hit full excursion with 400 watts, other than that, Trevor hit all the bases.

Silver Member
Username: Nocc1n

US

Post Number: 125
I want Ti's =(

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1106
im trying to find the PERFECT amp for them. i just cant do it. zapco, cant be done, JL, cant be done, US amps, cant be done, arc, cant be done, TRU, hell nah i aint paying that much lol. i wish so much they made them dual 2 ohm so i could use a zapco reference 750. any ideas any1?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1324
one of my favorites.

http://caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0112cae_subwoofer/

http://www.canze.org.nz/reviews/index.cfm?product_id=1116

Username: Pjrage

Post Number: 8
Why JL w6 vs w7? Should I get 2 w6s? What wattage should I run to them?

How about a 12w7 or 2 12w6? How much power would they need?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1584
look it up on JL website

Gold Member

Post Number: 1158
Treavor: the PERFECT amp is the one's Eclipe makes... And their "max" ratings on their sites are actually RMS...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1107
really? that always got me confused witht the max rating lol. but how is the quality of their amps? can it rank with JL, zapco, US amps, etc.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1108
after lookin at their amps i am not impressed. what am i suposed to do with 2000w in a 2 ohm load? i cant give 2000w to a Ti. wiring 2 of them give you a 4 ohm load so i cant split 1000w each.... ive got it! eclipse just needs to make dvc 2 ohm subs also

hippopanonymous
Unregistered guest
trevor...you know who this is....
someof the perfect amps for the tis are this
ed nine.1 is a great amp...good build...cheap...strong
Jl does actually have an amp for them...its the 1000/1..runs it strong and clean...and the e1800d amp...both run it very well.
Zapco C2K-6.0X will do it too
Jake a disagree with you..i know the ti can take 1500watts rms...but they are efficicient..thats why its recoomend 750.
But if your looking into running 2 15 Tis why not go with Eclipse DA7232 ...it will run 1000 watts rms into each sub at 2 ohms but into a 1 ohm load cause you would have to run them together.

just some suggestions lol

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1109
i do? then who are you? lol

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1110
i thought of a crazy idea too lol. 5 luminum 12s. 3 boxes. (but looks like one) 2 larger boxes (equal size) on the outside and 1 smaller one on the inside. like | | | | <like that. have the larger boxes have 2 subs each. on inverted and one normal. have the middle on with on sub reg mounted. run the 4 subs off 2 zapco 750.2s and the middle of a zapco 500. the very outer subs will be higher and angled towards the middle of the back hatch. the next 2 subds inside (the inverted ones) will be lower and angled to the middle of the back hatch. and the middle sub will be place directly in the middle of the box facing the middle of the back hatch. all ported, 30hz tune. crazy right :-) oh and this would be done by MDF everything but the baffle and fiberglass the baffle to make the angles and such. (although the MDF would get a coat of resin to match of course)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1111
S that would be the model SW7124DVC btw.

hippopanonymous
Unregistered guest
8100's are better than the 7100's

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1117
they dont sell those anymore.... and who are you hippopanonymous?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1159
The DA7232 is made more for a Ti Pro. I run one to my Ti's with no problem. The 2000watt version is perfect for the Ti's. 1000wrms is no biggy for those subs...

And Eclipse is rated up with JL (IMHO). I've leared a lot from the guys on the12volt.com about different brands. Many of them say the DA7232 is the best peice of equipment they've ever owned, and these are guys that are into car audio more than me...

And most of Eclipse's stuff is made to be run in pairs...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us