Best amp for 2 RE SE's

Bronze Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 33
Hey, ive been looking around and concluded that i liked the RE SES the best out of all subs at 170 and under. im not sure whether im going with 10's or 12's me and my friend gotta start making a box to custom fit my 3000gt first and see how big we can fit. if i were to get 2 10s or 12's what would be the best amp to run them? someone recommended a kicker 1200.1 to me but it always seems like kickers are getting bashed like sh*t so i was kinda sketchy about that. any input would be much appreciated. thanks. oh yea, and i prefer to keep it under about from about 300-350 at the most, but a little over that is fine

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10444
kicker KX1200.1 or SX1250.1 or an RE 12.1
you want an amp rated for 1200x1 @ 1 ohm or close to it.
that'll be 600 watts each with a pair of udal 4 ohm coil SE subs.
very good power match for the pair of subs

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 476
kicker amps are awsome for the price, that 1200.1 would work fine or mabey a mtx 1501 if you want to over power them a little.

Bronze Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 34
alright now im trying to learn about car audio. if the subs are rated at 4 ohms why do you want the subs to be rated at one ohms? and could you link me tot he sx1250.1 never heard of it

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10448
www.kicker.com

each sub has 2 four-oum coils.
wire coils on each sub in parallel for a 2 ohm load.
wire both subs in parallel, get a 1 ohm load
the Kicker amp puts out an actual 1400+ watts @ 1 ohm.. so you'll be feeding those subs plenty of power with that amp.
good match for a pair of SE subs

Bronze Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 35
And will i be able to do everything you just said in december even though i have no idea what all that means. ive learned it costs half as much for the equipment to get it installed elsewhere so im trying to learn to do it all myself. my friends helping me with boxes but i dont know if he knows about wiring

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10452
I'm sure with a friend's help and referring to us here, you'll get through the install.. yeah.

hey are you any relation to the actress with the last name Thigpen who was on The District?

Bronze Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 36
not to my knowledge, but if they are related, theyll be getting an e-mail saying to share the wealth :-p so maybe then i can afford something more than SE's

and is it final that the kicker kx 1200.1 is the best amp to run 2 SEs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us