Is there sub like this?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 666
I am just seeing if there is a sub with my very specific parameters! :-)

SQL Sub
15"
Dual 2 ohm
Can be powered decently by 300 wrms
Preferebaly a nicer brand (like no g@y audiobahns or anything like that. Wait all audiobahns are like 10kw RMS, nevermind, not in my parameters anyway!! :P )

Thanks guys!

Bronze Member
Username: Secretsoundz

St. Paul, Mn USA

Post Number: 32
Why do you need dual 2 ohms for 300 watts?
Not many 300 watt amps take a 1ohm load, many can
at 2 though.
Maybe look at dual 4ohm Eclipse or diamond audio, they are affordable sq...

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 668
Well, the point is I am looking for 2 of them. And even if I was looking for one, who says I wasn't hooking it up to a bridged 2-channel? Thanks anyway though.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1022
new adire shivas or kodas, perhaps? (not totally sure if they come in DVC 2ohm though)

it you have a 2-ch amp and you wanna bridge it, a pair of DVC 4ohm subs would be the best match for most 2ch amps....unless you have something like an hcca 250g4, then either two dvc 4ohm or two dvc 2ohm subs would be a nice match.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 669
Thanks Marshall, I went to their site and apparently they don't come in Dual 2 ohm, GOD! They look like nice subs too. Where would you even buy one anyway? BTW, I know what I am doing, I have a mono amp that is 600wrms @ 2 ohms.

Anymore good ones?

Bronze Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 41
jbl's i hear aqre like what u want

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 658
I checked around - now thats a hard combination to crack lol

Plenty of 12s with that combo u want but with 15s few @ that low wrms & few that low = 4/8 ohms

Maybe u outta get some 12s instead !

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3710
Image Dynamics IDQ 15". They're rated for 100 - 600 wrms, I'm sure 300 would make them move.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 670
Yeah Rovin, I noticed that too, but I don't want to get 2 twelves simply because that is what everyone around here has, 2 12's of something. Gets monotonous.

That is quite a broad range Joe! Think 300 rms would be ok for them or would I be making them clip too much?

Either that or I could get just one SE15. Think that would be as loud as the 3 10's I have right now? I have 3 10" DVC 4-ohm subs that are 250 wrms a peice, but am only feeding them like 160 a peice becuase of the weird impedence. I like the SQ on them but I was hoping maybe to get something louder and still maintain the SQ.

Either that or I was thinking of maybe keeping my box and getting 3 RE10's and then they would be getting about the right ammount of power they need. So they may be louder and sound better.

IDK what to do.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1288
you should get an IDMAX 12" and give it around 800wRMS.

then drive down to FL so i can hear it to see if that is what i want. LOL:-O

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 671
As long as you pay for the gas that it takes for me to get down there. LOL. I'll make a vacation out of it. :-)

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 673
Any one have an idea of what I should do? ^^^^

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 65
I like Muddys idea, lol

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 66
This might be of some help to determine whats gunna be louder as far as 10s, 12s etc... http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=835

as far as brand, thats your call...you know whats good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us