When did the SX become so popular?

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 275
Has anyone noticed that the sub everyone has been talkin about for the last month has been the SX?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 206
NO... Its more like all RE products is the big hit right now.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 272
yep. I noticed...
but i'm not sure what the real reason is.
I think i'm going to try a survey on another forum and see what results i get.
Then, i'll let you guys know. Maybe there's just people trying to promote the subs on here. or maybe it's just a really good company. But, whatever the case: I was wondering the same thing!

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 288
Most definatly. I feel this forum is a lil bias as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 54
does RE sell us wholesale prices since they dont sell it to normal stores ?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3680
Great company, good price for what your getting.

People do tend to get a little repetative after a while, but at least they are recommended good stuff instead of junk.

Yeah, I get sick of seeing the same 2 or 3 subs mentioned 50 times a day, but it's all personal preference. If you've heard them and they're your favorite, why not recommend them?

Bronze Member
Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 15
hey joe would you say if someone was upgrading from l7's to the re sx's would they be happy about the spl and the sound quality
(does sound quality mean range of tones besides clean and smooth response)

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 947
"When did the SX become so popular?"

when glass revealed that they were louder than the xxx, and the xxx stopped production.
(glad i knabbed my brahmas while i could before the re rave).

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 348
RE all the way

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1009
the main reason the SX line has become so popuplar on this forum, is because they fit so many peoples budgets. An as long as i have been on this forum, we have always had new guys coming on and saying "audiobahns rule, i think i'm gonna spend $300 on an audiobahn 15"...people here just let then know that they can get MUCH better subs for the same price. (if not less!)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3682
"hey joe would you say if someone was upgrading from l7's to the re sx's would they be happy about the spl and the sound quality"

Yes, and yes. Almost anything is gonna be an upgrade from the L7, except for something really cheap and crappy.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10292
regarding the SX subs, it's hard to find another 12" sub with as good of a quality and output for $249. Even more so if you go to the SE12 for $169 offering less SPL but a bit better for SQ.
I went with the XXX subs myself because at $369 each, they were an Adire Brahma on steroids and nobody has a sub with better output and linearity both at high excursion with the XBL^2 motor.
Mind you I got mine before there was an RE bandwagon to jump on. There are other good companies around, like Elevation Audio, Arc Audio, Ascendant Audio.. if you like avoiding the mainstream mass production companies everybody and their little sister seem to run in their honda civics. That was another reason I used RE. Nobody had heard of them a year or so ago.

people want a sub that's affordable, that's hellishly loud, and that's still got pretty good SQ, while retaining a good build quality.
That's a VERY difficult combination to meet.. but the SX subs do a good job of it. The RE subs at $77 for a 12" are even better if you want entry level.. I don't know any subs for that cheap that can match the RE line.. they're on par with a CVR I'd say.. at half the price.
The SE line is a match for a Type R sub.. and about the same price without the commonality Alpine's gained by going mass market.

Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 9
Whats the web site for RE?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3692
www.reaudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 247
glass- After looking athe Elevation audio, they look like another Audiobahn type company to me. They also dont have specs for their subs anywhere that i could find. Are they really that good??

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3693
I've heard lots of good stuff about Elevation Audio from respected people.

Username: Thigpen

Post Number: 9
wheres a website where it lists prices to buy the RE's? i checked www.reaudio.com and couldnt find the prices anywhere. maybe im just dead stupid i dont know tho

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 850
Figures after I have one they get all popular, I hate that.. Time to move to adire or something.. * Sigh *

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
"I went with the XXX subs myself because at $369 each, they were an Adire Brahma on steroids and nobody has a sub with better output and linearity both at high excursion with the XBL^2 motor.
Mind you I got mine before there was an RE bandwagon to jump on."

yeah. and back then the brahma was the bandwagon and RE was the behind the scenes killer that people mentioned as more or less myth and legend. now the brahma has seeped back to relative obscurity (a good thing as far as i'm concerned) especially considering the recent "dramatic" changes. and the XXX, or RE in general, is the ultimate sub that everyone (and newb) just has to have. of course all due respect though, Brahma on steroids i think says it all quite well. i just think its too bad the monster is now on display at every city zoo. better for the company of course, but goodness. it's like the w7. even if it weren't so expensive, wanting to buy something everyone else has, plans on having, or has had since day one is a bit much for my personal taste. particularly when its high demand is, to a large degree, merely a result of its high demand, lol.
regardless though, Adire and RE are still my top two hitters. because i can tell my back side from my elbows, not because the guys in class will envy me (although i do recall that being a big deal in school). i'm just a fan of originality. no disrespect, even to those who want RE "just because.."

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10303
Elevation is a good up and comer. new company.
we actually host a forum for them if you have questions on caraudiocentral.net
the owner of the company and some techs frequent the site to help people out who use their stuff. Very friendly folks.

RE's price list (not incl the new XXX models)

Resonant Engineering Pricelist
(note prices do not include shipping and handling charges)

RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or TripleX line to a quad voice coil configuration.

(702) 896 4823

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4754
All this bandwagon talk reminds me of when people find that band that noone has heard about, and when they end up on MTV or just become recognized and successful in general, they get pissed and go looking for somebody else.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 349
I myself started my quest for car audio in december last year when I was looking for a killer SQL sub after going through so many subs in a single month. More subs than %99 of you have gone through to date.
Anyhow, Glass recomended the x.x.x.. so I went ahead and bought a 15", then another 15" then an 18" (all x.x.x.)and my most recent is the 18" SX along with the RE 12.1 amp.
From my experience I would say RE is the best. Outstanding products,excellent customer service,etc.etc.etc.
I'm currently working on building an all RE vehicle. I'm picking up 6.5 mids (drivers for the coming component set)on Monday 'cause I can't wait for the component sets to come out, so Advance Car Creations is gonna help me build the crossovers and pair 'em up with some tweeters.
RE all the way...

Silver Member

Post Number: 954
"From my experience I would say RE is the best. Outstanding products,excellent customer service,etc.etc.etc."

i agree. but i'd say they have quite a ways to go on that customer service component. they don't have a particular propensity for serving customers at all from what i gather. their cus serv is like morpheous. you might or might not ever get in contact with them, although some people claim they exist.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 350
I'm sorry to hear that mikecech, but like I said from my experience, I've had nothing but excellent service. If I give 'em a call during bussiness hours guaranteed someone will answer. I just got a phamplet 3 days ago with all the "cooming soon" products.If I need stickers all I have to do is give 'em a call and a couple days laters they're in my mailbox. In fact, I sent 'em a blown 15" x.x.x. for repair, when they received it they gave me a call,told me how much it was,paid for it, and "BAM" there it was the day after I paid for it. $103 for a complete rebuild, new everything including shipping. Tell me that is'nt great service. I can't think of a single company out there that can top 'em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 959
adire, lol. but that's cool. glad to hear they have stepped it up. they used to be like "Jukt Micronics" and Jo Hyart. but yeah, that is excellent service, man. i'm really pleased to hear that. word must have gotten around. the new year should be really promising for them and the other start ups. i look forward to it.
and what of their new line?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us