Problems Setting Ohm Load

Anonymous

Im unclear as to what to do to run the speaker wire into my sub

i have a 12 in eclipse ti

do i have to strip the wire???? because i put it in one terminal then when i put the wire on other side to load it at 2 ohms there isnt an opening on the wire?? do i have to strip some back and run it through?

im really confused as to how i run the wires through the terminals- i have done the rest of the install its juts that im down to the end of it and i dont want to screw up now

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9949
umm if you don't understand a speaker terminal, I'd really suggest you take the speaker into any audio store and ask soemone for some help.. they can give you a visual explanation that will be clearer than trying to explain here in words.

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 99
this is what i did. i have a pair of dvc (dual voice coil) woofers, but forget about the second voice coil for a moment. i bridged my 2 channel amp to mono and put two wires in the positive out from the amp and sent one wire to each positive of the subs (no i did not put a splice in the middle of a wire for the first sub, which is what i believe you are asking). i did the same for the negative. now back to the second voice coil. i took a speaker wire, about two or three inches long and put it directly from the positive to the negative. now that i have said that, i can only hope that you know if this is the proper technique for your amp and woofers. different ohm loads for different amps and speakers and number of voice coils all come into play.
this wizard will help you in choosing the correct way to wire your subs.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us