Polk Momo, Diamond Hex, or other?

Username: Spoto

Post Number: 8
Hello there folks. Just installed my new Pioneer 960MP unit yesterday and am REALLY anxious to get some new front component speakers. I've used Polk MM series 6 1/2 components for about the last 10 years and want to replace them. I was always extremely happy with the Polk tweeters so I am considering the MOMO MMC6500 component set. Price is just right at about $300. However the mid-bass always seemed to be lacking. Basically I'm looking for first hand experience and opinions from people who have heard these, or other speakers. I am also considering the Diamond Hex line, however they are priced a little higher. Problem with either of these is there's no local stores for me to audition them and besides, unless they're in my car, it wouldn't be a realistic test anyway. Please feel free to mention any other brand you think stands out in sound quality. I'm pretty open at this point but I would prefer to keep the cost to less than $600. These will be driven by about 200 watts RMS per channel and will be supplemented by a trio of JL 10W6's. Thanx in advance!

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
Hey,my fav speakers are the cdt HD line, the are very natural and overall clean sounding, they blend midrange and high very well, 200W may be pushing it though, I think most of them are rated for 175W. The HD 62 is about $450 and the 3 ways are about $750. You can read more at cdtaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us