Infinity Kappa 682.7cf installation problem

Username: Colzer

Post Number: 1
I just replaced my stock rear speakers with a set of Infinity Kappa 682.7cf speakers. I am using an Alpine 9588 headunit with NO amp, but it was working perfectly with the stock speakers. The problem is that the left rear speaker works great alone, but the right rear will only play when the ground wire is not hooked to the terminal( it plays very weakly when it plays). As soon as I connect the ground wire to the right rear terminal both rear speakers stop working until I disconnect the ground wire on the right rear speaker and then the left rear speaker starts playing perfectly again. I have to remove the left rear speakers + wire and reconnect it before it will play weakly again. I have tried swith wires and the + and - around but nothing seems to change the problem. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks

mrmasterintaller
Unregistered guest
What kind of car is it? If you are from England or Australia then everything could be horked up because the steering wheel and stereo stuff is on the right side of the car.

Have you checked to see if you have right handed or left handed speaker wire? You may want to check that also.

Well you may want to try this: Take the right rear + and connect it to the left front - and it it plays okay then take the left rear - and connect it to the front right + but only after you have ungrounded the right rear - and it that does not work then take the left front - and hook it up to the right rear + to with the left front - hooked up directly to the battery. If you do not hear any sound then the problem is the left rear negative feeding back into the right front + termanal through the left rear - channel in which case you want to hook up a direct connection between your tounge and the + battery cable. If you come out of that ok then I would suggest that you get a new head unit and speakers and have somebody install them that knows what the hell they are doing.

If none of this helps then do what I would do, just get a new car, the Mustangs come with really nice stereos these days, I hear, and you can get some nice financing.

I also hear a walkman, played "really loud" is pretty cool also and you can reverse the headphones if you can't tell right from left.

Hope this helps,

mrmasterinstaller frendy

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us