Subwoofers

Username: Smallville

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 3
where do i get wires from to hook up my remote wire from my amp to the back of the deck and the same with the battery wire or do i hook up the battery wire to the amp to the car engine? someone please write back thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 474
Your remote wire should be at least 20 guage. You hook the amps + wire to the + of the car battery, and the - wire to the chassis of the car. Also, the - wire should be as short as possible.

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
for the remote line u can use a regular speaker wire and u attach it w/e u want to the back of your head unit (radio) to the blue wire or it should say power
for the 12v cable you take w/e gauge wire u need like 8 gauge for amps under 1200w i think it is and run it to your positive battery terminal
the ground wire u take a piece 6" or less of the same wire u used for your 12v and attach it to screw or some metal peice thats bolted onto the cars main body

u can buy wires all over just look for wires that say amp kit

and the rca cables go to the back of your head unit to the rca cable input in your amp

also u need a fuse for your 12v wire it should be close to your battery within a couple of inches
like this

|______|+ ===||fuse||==============||amp||
|batery|
|______|-
its pretty simple

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 476
He needs 4 guage power and ground wire.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 876
With anything over 1500 watts i would prob go even larger then 4 gauge power and ground just to be on the safe side. Anything less then 1500 then 4 gauge should be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us