Sealed box

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 80
Would I better off just buying a prowedge box for 2 12w6v2 or should I just get someone to build me one?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3854
the prowedge boxes are very nice but unless you know someone that has one JL does not sell them seperate. If you can find one grab it if not have one built.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Ok. If i make my own should i just use the dimensions they used for the prowedge box or make it bigger/smaller?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3857
with that sub I preffer the HO box myself. I would go slot ported they should give you dimensions on the JL site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
I didnt want that boomy sound of a ported box, plus my friend at the car audio shop said the 1000/1 is to much for two 12w6v2's in a ported box.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1939
I have 2 JL 12w6v2's in a prowedge box and to this day is the best sounding setup ive heard. You could also go sealed built to jl specs and put in some polyfill. I whould call JL or email there tech team to find out exactly. It is hard to find the prowedge box by itself online. Ive heard the JL 12w6v2's sound great sealed and ported so you cant go wrong. If you listen to mostly rock and dont have a big enough amp then i whould go with ported but if you have a solid 800 watts rms - 1000 rms then i whould go sealed.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3858
that amp is perfect for them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us