Can a sub still play when blown?

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 112
my buddy has 2 10,s and at low volume the sound good but when you turn the volume up they crap out and sound like shiit they still fell good when you push on them if that means anything

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3416
Sounds like your clipping your amp, badly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
what does that mean "clipping" and the subs were working for awile before this started

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3418
When your amp is too small, or you are underpowering your subs, you must be careful with the volume. Since your amp is too small, if you crank the volume, your subs may be asking for more power than your amp can supply. In order to make up for this, the amp "clips" the signal. A clipped signal has the very top, or crest cut off, or flattened, which creates a square wave. A clipped signal can have double the power as a normal signal, but also creates lots of distortion, and is the leading cause in subwoofer damage.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
i think i get it but the amp running the speakers is to big for them amp is 1000watts speakers are 400watts but amp is turned way down could that be the problem would that be clipping too?

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
Is it a decent amp, or is it junk? Low end amp power ratings are very unreliable and misleading.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
it is a good amp cant remember what it is thoug i think phonix gold but the speakers are cheap no name bran lol using them till has money to buy good ones
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us