I need a Large head unit

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 74
I have a durango with one of the large head units and i want to replace it. All i have seen i Alpine's MDA series. Does anyone have one that they want to sell or does anyone know a cheap place to get one (other then ebay)? All help is greatly appreciated! Thx

Username: Sandyouch

Post Number: 7
Get a standard size head unit and an adapter for your car to fit it!

Username: Sandyouch

Post Number: 9
Get a standard head unit and then get a fascia adapter for your car to fit it!

Username: Gobrocker

Post Number: 3
call your local car audio store. they often carry mounting kits for all makes. i have a funny dash in my saturn and my guys had the right kit. they're not expensive either.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1153
Yes, the double DIN and half DIN headunits are a bit pricey in my opinion.

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 76
yeah i knew i could get a normal and have it fited. But i want a clean look, so a double-din is what i want. Ive seen them on ebay for about $100-$500. But the low rang ones are legacy and Pyle. THen there are a couple pioneer and alpine. Now i WANT a Alpine but i think i might end up with a Pioneer. Most likely I wont have thisn truck for a long time, so would a Pyle or legacy be a O.K. deck to put in for a little while? (and i repeat..a little while...and a O.K. deck) deffanitly not goping for SQ with this HU lol. If anyone has any Double-Din HU's layin around then hit me up!

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 239
honestly, if its just for a little bit, get a relatively cheap single din and the kit you'll need should cost you like 10 bucks. Then get one of the double dins when you have enough cash.

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 79
Ok sounds like everyone has the same opinion. ill do that. thanks guys

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 45
The durango uses the din and a half face. There aren't many headunits in that size. Most of them are just over priced and not that great.

You just need the Metra faceplate and the Metra harness adapter. You can get both from Best Buy.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 569
Word.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us