Please help me im sooo confused

Username: Nik9567

California United states

Post Number: 1
ok, i bought a pair of rockford 10' subs, they are the punch series. Im very new to this stuff, i need to know what kind of amp to get. Ive been looking around at stores talking to the salesmen, they all told me a bunch of bs just to get my money. I was wondering what kind of amp, how many watts, channels, whatever i need fo my speakers. I dont want to spend a lot of money, but i want a loud car. Thank you for your time!

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 253
HI, What we need to know is the make and model of your subs along with thier specs such as RMS wattage and voice coil configuration. If you dont know post a like to the subs information. Also specify your spending limit.

California United states

Post Number: 2
there rockford fosgate 10' subs and are the punch series.....umm it says on the back of the speaker pch-104 4 ohms

California United states

Post Number: 4
oh yeah the spending limit would be prob at most 300 if at all possible

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 26
yah, those are 100W RMS each subs, so it'll be easy to find a cheap amp to power them from ebay or something... try jl audio, the e1800d, or the RF punch p4002, or infinity 311a.

any other amp suggestions for this guy?

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 64
Soundstream VGA400.2

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 559
100 rms...thats hella easy to power..if you want to go even cheaper than those above^ you can look at mtx,jbl,and kicker...just look on ebay for any of the mentioned brands with either 200rms at 2ohms or 100rms at 4ohms X 2

Unregistered guest
go to walmart and they should have some V-R3 200W amps for like $80

California United states

Post Number: 6
that walmart amp, is it a good one or a rip off? I found it on the internet, on walmarts site for $57. Is it just as good as the rest?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 502
No, it's not. :D But with those subs, you probably won't hear much of a difference anyways. Those are VERY small subs, and don't take very much power.

California United states

Post Number: 7
do you think it would be worth my money to just buy new subs and an amp then? I got these ones for free from my neighbor because he didnt want them anymore.

Unregistered guest
the walmart amp is pretty cheap (i.e.WALMART amp) but if you have low power subs like me (you do) then its not much of a difference
$57 geez, i paid 78.95 for mine

California United states

Post Number: 8
oh, ok. Thanks for all of the help. If it wernt for you guys i would probably be buying a $550 amp for no reason. Thanks again

California United states

Post Number: 9
Do you have any idea if this amp comes with a wireing kit, if not do you know where i can get one for cheap?

Bronze Member
Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 35
Well if you are going to buy that amp from walmart then get a wiring kit from there too.

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 46
Best amp for those subs is a P3001 in my opinion. P4002 would not be a very good amp for this scenario.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us