I need assistance please.

Andro
Unregistered guest
Hello, i recently aquired two Sony Xplod subs from a freind for cheap brand new though, and i was curious what i would need connect them to my car properly and to work the best and without destroying any components of my car, the specs on the subs are as follows:

1300w Max Power

4 ohm Voice Coil

Spiral Cone

Heavy Duty Rubber Surround

Super Rigid Polypropylene Cone

Gold Plated Terminal Post

Dual Spiders

4 Layer Voice Coil

12 inch diameter

RMS Wattage: 760

and also two of the following subs as well.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION FOR THE XS-L152P5

15" subwoofer with 5-sided polypropylene cone

Foamed rubber surround

Frequency response: 15-2,000 Hz

Power range: 100-450 watts RMS

Peak power handling: 1,500 watts

Sensitivity: 89 dB

Top-mount depth: 6-5/8"

Sealed box volume: 2.18 cubic feet

Ported box volume: 1.55 cubic feet

Impedance 4 ohms

RMS Wattage: 900

Voice Coil: Dual

i have the stereo a pioneer with pre amp out and mosfet, 200w output x 4 interior speakers unsure of pre amp output and new speakers in the car already, 2 6 1/2's and 2 6x9's both sony xplods i need an amp that would power but not blow the subs and any other equipment that would be associated with it. any help would be much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Sq_junkie

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 30
Get an amp wiring kit and an MTXt801D amp. It shouldnt mess up your car and if the RMS on those subs is correct then it wont hurt them either. BTW what kind of car is it?

Andro
Unregistered guest
a 1988 honda accord 4dr, not my first choice but it will do until i can get my new car. and ill transfer all the equipment into that one.

Bronze Member

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 32
Your alt. should have more than enough wheaties to handle that amp. The amp han be found for about $265.

Andro
Unregistered guest
would you recommend any crossovers, equilizers ect, for them, i plan on building a reflex box out of clear 1/2 to 3/4 acrylic the 2 15's in the most rear and the 2 12's closer to the front angled twards the cabin. and where did you find the amp, forgive my inability to locate it.

Bronze Member

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 34
Do you remember the model # on the HU? Most middle-line/high-end pioneers have graphic EQ's and crossovers built in them. The amp should too. Here you go.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX801D

Bronze Member

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 36
Oh sh!t. I didnt see that you had 4 subs. You will need 2 of these amps to supply the proper amount of power.

Andro
Unregistered guest
The number on the HU is deh-p4700mp again a pioneer not the top of the line but it seems to do great, but i was curious on that amp if a stero amp is possible and if it is able to run all 4 subs at once, their combined rms power is over 2,500 or so if i calculated the right numbers.

Bronze Member

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 38
you will have to tell me what amp your talking about.

Andro
Unregistered guest
I was curious if there is such an amp available that would be able to power all 4 subs in stero, if not 2 amps to power them in stero if possible.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3026
if i remember right those hondas only have 60 amp alternators you better check before getting all that power.

Bronze Member

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 39
I have yet to find a 4 channel amp that is capable of 450wrms per channel. Like I said, you would probably be better off going with 2 class D amp that are stable at 2 ohms. Then bridge 2 speakers to one and the other 2 speakers to the other one. At least this is the most economical way I can see to do it.

Username: F3lipe

Post Number: 7
seans definitely right, the person that i bought my solo baric l7s from had a civic and his entire electrical system in the inside shut off every five seconds it was on, then came back on. definitely going to happen if you get too much power with a HO alt.

Andro
Unregistered guest
Im not entirely sure about the amp power, but i plan on having a deep cycle battery in the back that will power the amps when i plan on running loud for long periods of time. and as far as the amps, so you would recommend two amps one powering two of the four in parallel?

Post Number: 9
i dont think you should. if you do what amp were you looking at. the mtx 1501d is a good amp and i am thinking about getting one for my solos. the amp has tons of rms power enough for your four sonys i would think. sean could tell you better.

Andro
Unregistered guest
well. im on sony xplods site and they recommend for the 12's the sony xplod XM-2200gtx 2/1 amp specs: 1200w max power, 200w x 2 rms into 4ohms, 20hz to 20khz @ .1% thd 500w x 1 rms into 4ohms, 20hz to 20khz @ .15%thd cea 2006 compliant, variable 50 to 300 hz low pass filter, 40 hz eq boost and then for the 15's they recommend: the xm-d6000gtx class d momo subwoofer amp, 1400 w max, 300w x 1 rms into 4 ohms 20 to 20khz @ 1%thd, 600w x 1 rms into 2 ohms 20 to 20khz @ 1% thd subsonic filter 15 hz and variable 50 to 300 hz low pass filter. sony recommended amps for the subs i have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
whatever dude sony amps arn't great. my friend had a 600 watt one and it had terrible quality. those sony subs arn't very musical anyway which then it wouldn't really matter but if you are wanting to go all sony then go with what the website suggests but if i were you i wouldn't go with sony amps. or sony subs ha .

Bronze Member

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 41
Thats a great idea. I totaly forgot about the 1501. Yeah that should have more than enough power to run all those subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yeah. that amps is amazing. i got a friend running four comp 12s on one and its loud as crap

Andro
Unregistered guest
Felipe i just posted what they recommended, not that ill do that, and the reason i went with sony subs is because of the unique design my sub layout and choice of sub was based on visuals mostly but the ability to sound good when needed, and for the price sony subs were right there in that range. if that makes sense. i have less than 200 in the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
thats fine man. my friends brother has two of them, sound pretty good. but the friend that has the 600 watt amp also had the 12 that you were talking about and after a couple months the whole rubber surrounding was coming off the sub. and it sounded like and looked like crap.

Andro
Unregistered guest
If they do go bad i wouldnt have lost much i got the 12's for less than 50 and the 15's were i think 100 for the pair i would have to look, but if they do go bad i have the acrilic box built for replacement 12's and 15's.

Andro
Unregistered guest
If they do go bad i wouldnt have lost much i got the 12's for less than 50 and the 15's were i think 100 for the pair i would have to look, but if they do go bad i have the acrilic box built for replacement 12's and 15's. and they have a one year warranty from the factory hence why i want to install them correctly in case of a failure its a factory default.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us