RockFord P3 subwoofer help....

Greggs
Unregistered guest
ok right now i have 2 shitty dual subs at 1100 watts... a sony 1200 watt amp which specs are

Continuous Watts per Channel (4 Ohms) 200
Continuous Watts per Channel (2 Ohms) 250
Continuous Watts Bridged 500

i was thinking of getting p3 subs (P312D4) http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez2rockford/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?Item Key=10065585&CategoryDesc=Punch%20Subwoofers
would it make sense to just get 1 or 2 with the amp that i already have...?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2153
The link didn't work, but i think I know the subs specs anyways.
I'd just get 1, because running 2 with that amp will be seriously underpowering them.
Just make sure the subs ohms match the amp when bridged, and with the amp bridged it should be fine.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
To some it up for you greggs. I know both the amp and the sub. If you want to run a p3 on that amp you can only run one. The only way you can run bridged if you get another amp and its a mono amp. With the Sony amp you will have to run left channel to left vioce coil and right channel to right voice coil.

Greggs
Unregistered guest
xdrummer03... what do you mean by this "With the Sony amp you will have to run left channel to left vioce coil and right channel to right voice coil." i'm not amazing with car audio so please be patient...

Greggs
Unregistered guest
Taylor17... if i were to get another amp ... which one would you suggest?? the box i have is made by dual and it is bridged on the inside... i should take that apart no problem but if i were to put both of those in there should i leave them bridged or does that take away power?? also... if i were to go to just one sub... what box would you prefer.. and would it hit louder then the duals i have right now..
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7044085&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03081&id=1099396976115

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2167
If you get 1 P3, it should be louder than the ones you have now.
On what amp you should get, just depends on how much money, and what you plan on powering.
As far as to what box you should use, you will get the most spl out of the Rockford if you go ported. A ported box usually gives you a 2 DB increase over a sealed box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us