HU reinstalled now it wont turn on

b8i9og
Unregistered guest
Ive had my HU installed for a few months now and i did it myself its the second head unit I have installed in my car. The other day i got a zapco amp and i wanted to run the symbilink all the way up to the back of hte head unit so i pulled it out. It was a pretty sloppy job so i re-crimped everything and put all the wires back. when i went to see how the the new amp sounded on my HU there was no power to the unit. The fuse is fine in the HU i checked the wires multiple times and tried over and over again. The only thing i could think is that maybe a fuse is blown on the main fuse box? i havent had time to check that but i was also thinking that i forgot to unplug the harness from the back of the HU before i did all this so there was still some residual power going to the unit i believe could i have damaged it?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 597
I'm almost positive you blew a fuse in the main fuse box.

b8i9og
Unregistered guest
I just went and checked the fuse for the radio is fine... i even replaced it just to check and still no dice i think im going to have to cough up some cash to get it looked at, then ill find out its something really stupid.

b8i9og
Unregistered guest
Just got back from the store i bought the HU from and bench tested it and its fine... the issue has to be in my car.... i asked the guy how much for the install cus this is becoming quite a headache and he said $75 plus parts that is retarted all i need is to have it hardwired.... so right now im driving around with nothing

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
I have an idea...just hook up the wires without crimping them or whatnot and only the three power wires, no others. See what happens...

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 179
Solder and heat shrink it, best connection you can get. Crimps are just begging for problems.

Mesa
Unregistered guest
How do I find my security code for my kenwood head unit (didnt right it down and dont have the paperwork anymore) KDC-MP522 Any help would be great !!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
There is a procedure you can attempt which requires the remote. I believe it can be located in the forums somewhere using the site search engine at the bottom of the homepage. I can't seem to find it and i'm not entirely sure if it was complete.

Non working Kenwood
Unregistered guest
I just installed a Sony Xplod amp in my 95 Ford Explorer Sport. It was pretty messy but it everything was connetced. Now I have a probblem that the stereo wont turn on. I'M DESPERATE. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us