Kicker Comp C124 vs. Infinity reference 1230/1030

Username: Dillon_j

Post Number: 9
Ok im looking for some cheap subs for around $100 shipped off ebay. So far Ive been recommended the kicker comp c124's or the references (1230,1232,1030,1032). Also a couple people have said one 12inch kappa perfect. What would give me the best performance for the money? or should i go in another direction like audiobahn? thanks.

Post Number: 10
anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
cmon i really need some help here!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
??????

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 626
the infinity's are much better. I've had both the comps and the refernces. As for the infinities go with last years models ( the 1230 and the 1030) i have a pair of !0" Infinity's the 1030's in a ported box tuned to 35 hz and it sounds great. Sounds especialy good with acdc :-)
The comps are great subs as well but for the price the Infinity's are a much much better buyin my opinion. I had a friend who had a pair of 12" kicker comps in a ported box tuned to 35 hz ran off a kicker kx250.2 amp and they were loud but jsut didn't have the cispness and also the power of the bass that the infinity's do. This got kinda long but go with the infinity's. I'm sure you'll be much better pleased with them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
wow thx. exactly what i wanted to hear so the references are built poorly like some say? what would be a good amp for a pair of either the 10's or the 12's. and should i get the 30 or the 32 model? SVC or DVC?

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 627
how much money do you have to spend? go with a pair of the 30's. I don't like the 32's they're jsut cheap but the 30's models are built very very good. What kind of music do you listen to also and do you want to be heard booming down the street or more into just a nice sounding system?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
also how do the alpine type e's compare to the references and comp c12's???

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 628
references are still better in my opinion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I like rap and want to spend around $100 shipped but circuit city has them for $60-$70 each
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us