Kenwood kdc-229 bassless

Bronze Member
Username: Montster92

Post Number: 11
i have put in a kenwood kdc-229. it the bottom of the range for its style but still puts out 200watts. this is still decent and it should power my ken 6*9 pretty easily. But the bass is really crap. I know its not the speakers because i have tried them in a different car and there is loads of bass. I have all the wiring right. please can you tell me if it is just the model type or maybe something else. i have also tried the superior model for the cd player and there is still nothing great in the bass. Could this mean it's the car.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 264
Have you tried playing around with the sound shaping features? It could have something to do with the vehicle's acoustics...what car did you swap them from?

Bronze Member
Username: Montster92

Post Number: 12
the difference between the two cars is to big just to be acoustics. The movement of the actual speaker is so small that it can hardly be seen. The car i tried the speakers in was a nissan nivara Ute. the cd player in it was a Blaupunkt which is in my opinion far inferior to kenwood. the movement of the speaker in this car is massive. I have tried every thing to deal with the cd player. it makes very little differnce so my best guess is it is either the car or the cd player. I havent yet taken out the kenwood to put it in the other car(nivara) just yet. I would like to get some input before i start cutting wires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us