GLASSWOLF...8ohm help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 100
hey sorry about the thread title but i need your input. you responded to my messages about a week ago regarding my alero's 8 ohm speakers. to recap, i bought some infinity reference speakers without noticing my alero has 8 ohm stuff. i know the built-in amp will fry if i hook the speakers up, you told me some complicated stuff to do that would make the infinity's work. what do i have to do to make these work or is it too complicated and expensive. i know ill probably have to swap some stuff out, how expensive would this whole process be? thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 470
You'd be much happier if you just got an aftermarket head unit. It would eliminate those complications, and the sound would be better. That stock head unit probably puts out like 3-5 watts.. those Infinity's will want more.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 108
i was told with the Alero that i would need some adapter for $100 if i were to change head units since i dont have onstar. also what type of aftermarket HU, im not sure what they are.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7655
you either need to replace the head unit or use a line-converter and an aftermarket amplifier, as I said before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us