10 v 12

Username: Kurby

Post Number: 1
when is a 10" going to be better then a 12", like i assume a 10" is cheaper and better if you dont wish to let everyone in town hear you, but can anyone explain the deferences in them to me?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2276
the 12 is giong to be more powerful in the long run, but ill let you in on my little secret, 10's and 15's m0lest 12's lol, jk i just dislike 12's and prefer 10's and 8's over anything

Post Number: 2
ok, im looking into getting a zx3 for my car, what's a good system i could look into with a 10" and an amp that will make it growl. the less i spend the better, like if i could get it for 300-400 that would be best, 500 being the most i can spend. i dont want to get the crap sound you get from cars where it rattles and what not, i just want a good amount of bass.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2280
mostly anything you put in a car will make it raddle, this would be because people do not know what sound deadener is, and if i were you, i would think about spending 50 bucks on sound deadener, but are you more into spl(sound pressure level) or sq(sound quality) and do you need a box? can u build one, or i can for you for 50 plus shipping, do you need wiring included in this, do you need a hu(head unit) or just the sub and amp and box for this??? im going to work with a 400 doller system

by the way, the 10 inch commment is just personal preference, everyone hears things different

Post Number: 4
hmm, well i was thinking 10" sence most of my friends have them, and i like them, that and they dont cost as much. the better the sound quality the more i would like it seems to be a general rule for me, i just put a hts in my room, and its build for quality not loudness. as for spl, does that just make them louder or what, im kinda new to this ;). a box would be nice, but given the size of the trunk im thinking about putting the sub in a side pannel of the trunk, so i can have more space, again, if one works better then the other, let me know. yes, i do need wires also, but if your going for $400 you can alow $50ish for wires and screws and anything like that i might need.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3708
12" subs are louder than 10s (comparing apples to apples). They also generally offer better performance at lower frequencies and IMO are the most well rounded sub for most car applications. 10" subs will win out in the area of midbass transition, they will blend in with the front stage better due to both lower resonance and lower SPL, meaning the sub has less chance of overpowering the front stage. There are some very good 10" subs out there, and they can hit low and hard if you get the right ones.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2287
josh, if i were you, for cheap good subs that are good sq, look into infinity's good sq if you ask me

Kurby78
Unregistered guest
hmm, it wants a reg key, adn i have the e-mail from them, but i cant find where to put it, little help plz, its josh haha.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2303
whoa what, that starement confused me

kurby78
Unregistered guest
when i first made my account i didnt give an e-mail, forgot to, now i added one, and it wants me to give it an activation key that was sent to my e-mail. i have the key, and the e-mail told me to log in and put it in, but when i log in it i get a message saying i need to give them my reg key before i sign in, so how do i do this?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2309
just click on the link in the email

kurby78
Unregistered guest
Your account is currently suspended. You are not permitted to activate your account. Please contact a board moderator for further information.

ARG this is making me mad lol, should i just make a new account?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2311
yea lol

Bronze Member
Username: Bigdanman

The OC, CA USA

Post Number: 26
if i were u, i had the same philosophy.
so i got 2 10" infinity reference running off a profile amp. the whole deal cost me 350.
email me if you want all of the links to the places i got the stuff. let me tell you, if you listen to rock like the offspring, korn, the killers, etc... these subs blend in well. just dont go around trying to compete with other brands while listenin to rap crap.

Username: Kurby88

Chattanooga, Tn USA

Post Number: 1
hmm, sounds like a plan, thank you guys.

Chattanooga, Tn USA

Post Number: 2
ok yall, ive been looking around, is a Infinity Perfect 10.1d 10 Dual 4-ohm Component Subwoofer
going to give me a good amount of bass? maybe not the most around, but a good amount. 350 rms 1600 max output. is higher rms better for more sound? and now for the box, what would i need to make one, or should i just buy one, or can i put the sub in the side pannle of the trunk like in this car, http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=180812838&dealer_id=89002&car_year= 2005&make=FORD&distance=0&lang=en&max_price=&model=FOCUS&sponsorModel=&end_year= 2006&min_price=&certified=&address=37343&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=2 003&isp=y&cardist=464#vdptop , if i could do this it would be awsome.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2347
that sub will sound GREAT and get decently loud, i have 2 of them and they are pretty nice, but to build a box there is alot of planning on diong it, alot of people on here would do it, or there are placeson the net to buy, if you want to build your own, you need,

3/4 mdf
i use drywall screws
carpeting for it
something to insulate it to make sure its totally sealed

i build alot of boxes, i just dont know what everything is calle dlol

Chattanooga, Tn USA

Post Number: 3
ok, i think i will prolly go with one of those for now, do i need a box to mount it on the side? if i get this, and say when i have more money and want a little more bass, could i just get a nother one with a nother amp and do the trick?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2349
i wouldnt suggest diong somen like that, and besides i think he used an infinit baffle or he fiberglassed that, you canyt really do that well with wood, i would suggest if i were you to build your own plain everyday sealed square box lol

Chattanooga, Tn USA

Post Number: 4
ok, i noticed on other threads yall are talking about hitting like 150 160 and what not, what are yall talking about? oh and you said you build boxes? i might ask you to make me one :-). can i mount an amp ontop of the box to save space and not hurt anything?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2351
yea thats eay enough, and i do build boxes i love to lol, but with the db things, db=decibles, basically how LOUD it is and basically 150-160 db's will damage your hearing permently if you listen to it for like over 5 mins lol, and we use this system to determine who islouder, people get there stuff rated and go to the shop and get tested with a mic and see howloud they are, its very unwise to listen over 130 db's for long periods of time. you odnt have to worry about this, but alot of people on this forum can get rreallllly loud so they do lol. but yea iw ould build you one, it would be 50 plus shipping, so like 80 bucks, but you only live in Tn and im in Ky lol so it would be to much

Chattanooga, Tn USA

Post Number: 7
oh i see, what do most people hit that i would hear around my school? and what do you think mine will hit? so i have an idea of how load i will be. oh and i just realized, i havnt picked an amp, what amp should i get, the sub has 350rms 1600 max.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2355
you wont get too loud, and there are way to many factors for me to tell you how loud you will get, but for the amp, what are its ohms?

Chattanooga, Tn USA

Post Number: 8
the sub as 4, shoudl i look for 4 ont eh amp as well? who makes good amps that arnt too much

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2358
is it DVC 4 ohm or SVC 4 ohm

Chattanooga, Tn USA

Post Number: 9
its the DVC 4 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Bigdanman

The OC, CA USA

Post Number: 28
those subs are going to hit hard and nice and tight.
Just buy a prefab sealed box for some really nice sq, with tight hits. If your getting 2 4 ohm dvc subs, then look for an amp that puts out 700-750 watts at either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-WsXlEl2MgcT/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html
that has all of the set-ups, but is still lacking a select few. Here is what it would look like for your set up: http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2
how much money do you have to spend on the amp after the subs?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2399
i think he is just getting 1 sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us