Clifford Avant Guard 5 questions

Username: Cklukas

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 1
Is the Clifford Avant Guard 5 the top of the line? Is it a good system?

Also does it come with a fancy responder with a screen. The pictures look like it includes a cheep 5 buttom remote without the screen

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 764
No clayton it isn't a 2 way remote, and yes it is a great system. I would put it top of the line, or right along with the intellguard 750 paired with the intell start module.

"picture looks like a cheap 5 button remote"
If you consider it has one of the longest ranges on the market, is water restiant, and you can even program the sencitivity of the alarm from your house with it, then you are right. J/K, actually it is a very well made remote.

If your looking for a 2 way look into the clifford responder. It is probably more along the lines of what you are looking for.

www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/default.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Cklukas

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 15
All of what you said about the remote sounds great but I want to have a fancy screen like the matrix respnder in the link you gave me. Can I buy a matrix responder and use it on my avant guard 5? The AG5 seems like a great system and I found it for $280 on Sonic Electronix. I just want a fancy remote to spark up my keychain, if you know what I mean. If I can use the matrix responder, then that would be great. Any info would be great. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 769
No you can not use a matrix remote with a G5 system. Honestly go with the AG5. Its a better overall system, and comes whti every bell and whistle you could want, including auto start as you asked in your other post. 280 is good price too, but be cautious buying at places like that. First off I am guessing that is without install, and finding a place to install it could be a probelm. Some places try to stay away from installing alarms that were not purchased from them. Especially considering cliffords life time warranty. If you plan on installing it yourself, be forwarned you have about a 1 in 1000 chance of finding or getting the installer manual for it. Those are very well guarded by clifford for security reasons, so you will be in the dark on what wire is what.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us