No power in the constant battery wire

Username: Cloudwhite

Post Number: 1
I was in the process of changing the cd receiver to replace my aging casstte deck. Being that it's a 1992 Nissan sentra. Before I took out the cassette deck, the old car stereo worked fine, it could power on and radio would pick up). I used a wiring harness and matched the wires. I connected everything back together and started the car...no power coming out of the yellow (constant battery terminal). I then used a check continuity to see if there is any breakage of the circuit, it was fine. Then I check the fuses, it was fine. I then ran multimeter for voltage on the yellow wire and ground, (it has been first grounded before I connected negative battery terminal and the main wiring harness), it read 3 volts. My question, what would give such a low reading?

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 153
im just guessing, but maybe there could be a short in your power wire?? maybe the wire got pinched or stripped somewhere?? i would say replace that whole wire before it causes bigger problems.

JKW
Unregistered guest
Which wire reads 3 volts? Ground or battery?

JKW

Silver Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 111
do you have memory in your car? Is your dome light coming on? Make sure your memory fuse isn't blown.

Username: Manoj_reddy

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys,

New to this forum.

I had the same probelm with my constant battery wire when I was trying to replace by cassette player with MP3 Player. I couldnot find the battery wire because there was no constant power supply in any of the wires. I was able to find the ignition wire.

Can u plz guys help me in sorting this out. I am really worried about this because my old cassette player used to work properly. And now I have completetly no idea what to do.

Thanks guys. Waiting for ur reply

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 52
It's a possibility that your factory deck does not need a constant power in order to keep the settings in memory.

I suggest you run a new constant wire to the headunit, preferably from the battery itself, although tapping into a fuse on the fuseblock might also be acceptable in this case.

JKW
Unregistered guest
You definately want to run your consant power from the fuse block or if you run from the battery, make sure to fuse the line between 10 and 15 amps. Also look for other things not working in your car such as dome light or cigerette lighter. The acc circuit is usually tapped off of one of those lines.

JKW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us