Need Specs: Kicker F6.5C . . . Please help!

Silver Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 147
Hey Everyone!

Could anyone locate some specs on the Kicker F6.5c free-air subs? They are an older model (1999 maybe?) and I can't find specs anywhere. I am thinking of getting a pair for the rear doors of my '99 Passat (because I can't have subs in my trunk).

Any help is much MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!
Bryan

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1209
they are free air meaning they are designed for infinite baffle....you could mount them in a back deck if they have any in those cars

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 868
I've got it in my WinISD database, but I don't think they'll be of much help. After looking at the gain plot in a "free air" situation(~1.5ft^3) they look like more of a mid bass driver than a subwoofer.

If you've got room in your rear deck you'd be better off building some small enclosures for some JL 6w0's and mount them with some torx screws or something as a theft deterrent. The 6w0's are in fact "true" subwoofers. I don't think you'll be too happy with those kickers. Your focals might even perform better.

Here's the plots w/ specs for your kickers:

http://home.comcast.net/~guppyrig/wsb/media/322068/site1082.JPG

With cabin gain you're going to get better low end extension with either driver, but even then I don't think those Kickers will be of much help, but even tho they won't compare to a good 10 those 6w0's should add a good bit of bass.

I've got a pair I'm gettin ready to mount in some .18 ft^3 boxes in the rear stock locations in my Explorer. I'll get back to you on how they do once I get everything set up.

-Fishy

[note] I just did a quick plot with those kickers in a vented box and they look pretty good in that configuration. It would be a bit more complicated, but a couple deck mounted .45 ft^3 enclosures tuned at ~51 Hz might work OK if you already have those Kickers, but I'd think a subsonic filter @ ~40Hz would be necessity in this case.

If you have the cash the 6w0's would be a bit simpler and probably still would play lower than the ported Kickers. They go for about 90 bucks each.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 869
I just hooked up one 6w0 to an Xtant 1.1i(100 watts) and threw some Natalie Merchant in and I dare say I'm impressed. Not a lot of volume, but thats to be expected with just one 6 1/2. They do play pretty darn low however, lower than the Fosgate SPPR64's(pros) I've used in the past.

I did a quick comparison in WinISD between those Fosgates and your Kickers and the Kickers do almost as well in comparison, so even though the 6w0's would be a better choice F6.5c's might actually do ok in your rear doors.

If they're an easy fit give em a try and if you still want more start thinking about the JL's in your rear deck. You could always keep those Kickers in the doors for rear fill.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 154
Thanks for the detailed response Fishy :-)

Well, I don't want anything in my rear deck because this has to be a stealthy installation. I don't want them to see any kind of audio equipment when they peer in my windows.

A local SQL guy said that he put 5" Focal subs in the rear doors of his Grand Prix, and ran them free air (even though they aren't meant for that). He said he just sealed them in really good with Sound Deandener and they sound great with no problems.

I am going to see about the possiblility of mounting 5" Focals or maybe a 6W0 in my rear doors . . .

Regards,
Bryan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us