Line Output Converter?Glass?


Silver Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 113
Registered: Jun-04
Im wanting add Subs & Amp and leave my factory deck in my 99 Ford Explorer,so I was told to get a Line Output Converter. So now im lost on exactly what to get, I think I need something with 2 RCA preouts, since my amp has a front and back inputs and something that puts out 4-5 volts, what would you think would be ideal for my setup? Also do you know of any sites that tell exacly how to install a Line Output Converter, Thanks in advance...

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 127
Registered: Jan-05
You need a loc, it's a box that has wires on one end and rca plugs on the other end. You put the wires on the rear speakers one on left and one on the right and then the rca just plug it the amp.


Silver Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 114
Registered: Jun-04
yes... But I was looking for a more specific model,one with 2 preouts,and that is high quality. Now Im being told its alot better to get an aftermarket H.U., because getting one of these sounds terrible plus an aftermarket H.U. will sound much better, I have a old Alpine 7815 I could use but I would prefer the stock one,so here are 3 more questions...

1.How much better would my aftermarket H.U be compared to my stock H.U.?
2.How good will a loc sound?
3.What specific model of a loc would I need?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 114
Registered: Feb-05
1. Lots
2. not that great
3. not sure

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 707
Registered: Sep-04
You're gonna spend 30 dollars plus for a "good" LOC and it still won't sound all that hot. Drop that Alpine in. You'll be happy that you did.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us