Taylor 17

Anonymous

you seem familiar with RF
I run a T1 sub, T162C coaxials, ravdvd2 headunit, T5002 amp, T3002 amp, and Stinger cap and wires, this is all in my 96 camaro Z28, do i need a beefed up alternator???? OR does anyone know???

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1043
That's a really nice set-up man! I don't know what size alt is stock on a camaro, that is only about 800 watt's rms isn't it? I have a 98 chevy 1500 extended cab z71 with a stock alternator, granted I need a new HO alt... I'm using the Rockford P8002 for sub's, Rockford P4004 for speaker's/component's. I'm using about 1200 watt's rms, and I believe the stock alt on the truck is a 105a alternator, and the lights dimn just a little!:-) That should give you an idea anyways. I'm guessing you might need a little bigger alt, you could take a look at 4alterstart.com for HO alt's.

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 13
Im gonna find out what alternator i have, its either a 105 or 140 iknow for sure, so ill get back to ya here soon,meanwhile keep checkin this thread for my updates!!!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1044
Ok cool.

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 15
Yeah man, it souns like you have a good set-up also, better than mine anyway. Well i found out that my camaro puts out 140 ampres, so wudda ya think????

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1045
It should do, it just won't give you much growing room.:-) Are you're light's dimning at all?

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 24
ha ha ha Oh yeah!!!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1050
Then I would recomend a bigger alt, you can eventually cause damage to you're stuff running a weak power source.
Like I have a lot of room to talk!:-) I just haven't decided to spend the money yet.:-) If I'm looking at the alt gauge thing, you can watch it go from 14V all the way down to the 11V range, that's not good at all either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us